“Stony Creek Motel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stony Creek Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Stony Creek Motel
You added Stony Creek Motel to your Saves list
4494 Soco Rd., Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Dothan, Alabama
“Stony Creek Motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Who ever wrote the bad review needs to start thier trip earlier if they get aggitated over this. (life is to short) We (which includes approx. 25-30) have been going there for years EVERY YEAR. Mandy and James are really great people. The do every thing they can to help in any situation that may come up. They keep the place very clean, and yes Mandy will keep order if we get out of hand. This is a mon and pop motel and I guess if you have an attitude they reserve the right to refuse service. Keep in mind at these mom and pop places it no different than staying at someones house. We will be back in May to see Mandy and James.
Oh by the way-joking about some of the guest 2 yrs ago I made a comment about 2 guest (man & Wife) being BRAIN SURGENS. To my surprise they both were. They were very nice people, from Houston, Texas.
So come and stay and leave the attitudes elsewhere and enjoy life.
Mandy this is for you from the Lower Alabama Boys rm18 Love ya'll

Room Tip: I always stay in the 2 story section. Never had a bad room.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We wanted a "mom & pop" motel for our Labor Day weekend trip to the Smokies and Asheville, and Stony Creek was perfect! The owner Mandy Hartline is a sweetheart - didn't get to meet Larry as he was up mowing the upper 40 in Illinois. Our room was very large and comfortable and included a sitting area for eating and whatnot. The bathroom was also very large. And oh the creek! We had a nice little private patio at our back door right on the creek. We kept our window open all weekend and the creek sounds were our "sleeping pill."
We had such a wonderful holiday weekend in NC and our stay at Stony Creek was definitely one of the highlights!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thomasville NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We had a great stay with Mandy and Larry as we all ways do. The room was great. We had our grandchildren with us this time and had a ball. They played with Mandy's granddaughter and had alot of fun. They liked the deck out back and they played in the stream. The room we had was the bear room and my granddaughter just loved all the bear dolls. You couldn't stay with anybody better. We all ways stay here and will as long as they are around. The swings, the rockers out front just great. Love you Mandy and thank you for a good time se you soon. Harold & Kathy Summey (Thomasville NC) 8/5-7/10

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
cloversc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

You cannot find a cleaner more laid back biker friendly place in the valley . The Lady the ^%*^%* referred to in the rude comment is the nicest,, lil gal this side of heaven ....Have stayed with these folks and seen many of a long time ( we are talking 10 year return customers ) who would shoot anyone saying anything bad about Mandy ,,,,she is the greatest host in the world ,...yes it is a mom and pop and sibling run place ,,,but you wont find better people ..have had to wait 2 min last time ,,,after entering the office ,,never rang a bell the dog came out for the usual tug of war with the towel ... so there dont let one review change your mind /////// Frank.....oh each room has a theme from the John Deere to the harley ,,,western room and is cleaner than home ..quiet and they keep the place up like you would if you ran it ,,,Mandy and Larry are the BEST ,,,,,,,,,

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Down South
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

Want to go find a home away from home then you will want to visit Larry and Mandy. I can't say enough of good things about these two. They friendly and nice and go out of there way to make you feel at home. We been there many times and will return many times in the future. This last time just this pass weekend, it was full and Mandy brought Home made Salsa and chips to her vistors in the deck area by the creek, something you want find in chain hotels. Not saying there is anything wrong with chain hotels but if you want a nice quiet friendly place that make you feel at home then this is the place. The rooms are so cozy, clean and just down home country good, folks.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

I was stranded in Maggie Valley with car problems for nearly a week. Mandy and Larry went out of their way to help me while I was waiting for my car to be repaired. I have stayed at Stoney Creek Motel many years and have seen their efforts to maintain and improve their rooms.

• Liked — The friendliness of the owners.
  • Disliked — I have no complaints.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rock Hill, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

My husband and I had reservations and when we arrived around 4 pm, there was a note on the office door that said "taking a shower will be back in 15 minutes." We waited over 30 minutes and no one ever came to the office. I tried calling on the phone and there was no answer. Finally a lady answered the phone. She had just come in and told us to come on up to the office.
My husband commented that someone should have been there to check us in. She replied that they were a mom and pop motel. I said that this was not a good or welcoming way to start our stay at Stony Creek. She became rude and angry and stated that she did not want us staying there...we left and went down the road. I realize that people have a life, but when their business is a motel, they should be available for 4:00 check-ins. And should be welcoming to their customers. Also, they had on their web site a picnic area at the creek. They did have that area, but it was crowded with 3 or more tables and was not kept clean. The grill needed a cleaning, also. We never made it to the room, so I cannot speak to how clean/unclean it may have been.
I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Been to Stony Creek Motel? Share your experiences!