“4 TRIPS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alamo Motel & Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Alamo Motel & Cottages
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Darlington, South Carolina
“4 TRIPS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Rae and I stayed with Mike and Dawn 4 times last year, and matter of fact already are planning our first trip for 2012 and we will staying with them again!!!!! These two peole are awesome! they make sure your stay with them is unforgetable, on the last trip I carried my Lab with us as i could not anyone to "baby sit" for us. Not only did Dawn make Rae and I feel at home, she made Cookie feel at home from walking her twice a day to giving her goodies. They are very pet friendly as well as people friendly. We will be going in May for a 5 day bike ride with friends and have asked the others in the group to stay with us there also, because I know how they will be treated. I can not say enough good about Mike and Dawn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colerain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

We were new to the Alamo when we stayed there during the first week of November. My wife and I brought our golden retriever with us since this motel is dog friendly. Dawn and Mike keep their place clean and neat! Dawn loved our Golden and welcomed her. We stayed in one of the motel rooms. The areas surrounding the motel were decorated with things appropriate to the season. We felt welcome. The room was warm and inviting. There was plenty of room to walk our golden without having to leave the property. It was quiet at night and we slept well. This is a wonderful place to stay when visiting the sights of the area and it would be equally nice for just taking it easy and sitting around. The area was pretty laid back and conducive to a restful get away.
When we stay in Maggie Valley again we will stay here. I have no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We were so happy to stay with Dawn and Mike again at The Alamo this trip to Maggie Valley. We are season pass holders at Cataloochee and we go snowboarding almost every week that the snow permits. Last season we stayed at The Alamo on two different occassions and both were absolutely AMAZING. First it was just me and the wife and we stayed at one of the Cottages on the Creek with our 90 lb American Bulldog. Dawn was absolutely wonderful in going by periodically to check on our baby while we were off enjoying the mountain. Another time last season we brought some friends with us and stayed in the 3 bedroom trailer they have on the property. It was spacious with full kitchen and just loads better than any other offerings in the Maggie Valley area. My one friend made us go look at other places even though I told him how great The Alamo was. He went to a few other options to look at the rooms, and then as soon as we walked into Mike and Dawns place, he quickly said, " we're staying here! ".
Now to this trip, again it was just me and the wife and we were on a budget, so we stayed in one of the more hotel style rooms and it was PERFECT. Mike was hospitable as always and the place was it's usual clean, awesome room. As always, they allowed us to check out late the next day so we could get more riding in at Cataloochee. It was a great stay at The Alamo just like our previous visits there. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Maggie Valley area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I moved to NC from FL in the beginning of October... We chose to stay at the Alamo while looking for a place to live because of the great reviews and the dog watching service. We could not have picked a better place to stay! From beginning to end we were treated like family... These are two of the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Beyond the extremely comfortable bed, the cozy decor, and great location, it was so helpful to have someone there to look after our dog while we were house hunting! I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Maggie Valley! These two people go above and beyond to make you feel welcome. Thank you both for everything you did to make our transition easier! You were a breath of fresh air at a stressful time in our lives. If we are ever in the area, we plan on stopping by to say hello... Thank you, thank you, thank you... And the best of everything to you both!

• Stayed October 2011
Yorktown, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We visited Maggie Valley in late August with our son and labrador retriever. I felt like I had known Dawn my whole life - they are so very into animals. Our dog, Dasher, was spoiled and our son thought he had "arrived" with a TV in his room. It was very relaxing. Dawn and Mike were excellent managers and extremely helpful! We enjoyed our stay immensely!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We're so glad we found this motel, the owners Dawn and Mike are wonderful people. They are very hospitable and friendly. We felt like in family during our stay. They sure made our vacation more unforgettable.Very clean and cozy room. We even decided to extend our vacation one more night. The experience is far beyond the expectations. Out of all the expensive hotels this is sure the right choice to make. We would definitely recommend this place to all our friends and everybody who would like to be treated as an individual and not just as a random quest. We'll be come back soon and fortunately we know where we're going to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Inman,SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We went up for one day and honestly...this place is nice...very clean,pet friendly,quiet. Thank goodness for Trip Advisor. My wife called me and said we were staying at the Alamo in Maggie Valley. If I had been driving by looking for a place to stay, i would have looked at the big chain motels....glad I have my wife. This is a very pleasant, clean property. Love the ambiance..some say its dated...we say it is an older property that is well maintained and retained the real motor hotel feel.
I am a frequent business traveler and have to stay in the big chain on business, but it will be my choice to stay at the Alamo again during our weekend jaunts. Remember, I have points for free nights at the 3 of the local chain motels. I chose the Alamo.
Thanks to the owners Dawn and Mike...gracious host...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Alamo Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!