“customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mountain Joy Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Mountain Joy Cottages
You added Mountain Joy Cottages to your Saves list
121 Setzer Cove Road, Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
“customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

Iam a single mom of 4 & found out im being deployed in feb and wanted to spend a weekend with my children before I go . I picked MLK weeeknd not realizing everyone else had the same idea. I called thinking they wouldn't have any space and it was completely the opposite. J took her time and told me the ins & outs and all the details needed. She even sent me an email with updated pics. By all the reviews and my wonderful over the phone convo today Im sure this will be a memorable weekend with my kids before i leave ( and at a great price). im excited

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2015

Stayed Christmas day and the 26th in one of the 3 romantic cabins. The cabin was nice and clean with a full kitchen, bathroom with shower, hot tub, jacuzzi and wood burning fireplace.The back deck had a swing, 2 rocking chairs and a bbq grill. These 3 cabins share a large and small trout pond with a herd of ducks. They are close enough to have a conversation with each other from the decks, but far enough away that inside you have total privacy. The neighborhood Elk did not show up during our stay, but are frequent visitors. The other cabins are on a small circular gravel drive and looked cute. There is an enclosed pool/hot tub that the owners offered to heat up if we wanted to use. The owners were nice and brought us a bundle of firewood that lasted us both nights. Inside of cabins were very comfortable and romantic. Just about a football field off the main US 19 there was no road noise. The best breakfast place is on that main road and can be walked to in about 5 minutes from the cabin. Free Wifi worked well.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2014

My family and friends spent a wonderful thanksgiving in 2 beautiful cabins! We had the Stars and Stripes and we loved it. Beautiful scenery in a beautiful place. We will definately return for future vacations.

• Stayed November 2014
Tylertown, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed in cabin 7 and all I can say is that it was Very Very Nice.
The cabin was very clean and the owners were very nice and helpful.
When we go back to the Mountains we will stay at Mountain Joy Cottages.
Thank You Suzie, and your husband, for a very nice stay at your cabin.

Olen & Pat

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Elizabethtown, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

My family and I, 14 of us in all, stayed at Mountain Joy Cottages for the Labor Day Weekend. The new owners, Suzie and her husband are absolutely wonderful and friendly people. We stayed in cabin 5..It was clean and comforable with everything you need for a great mountain cabin stay including 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms; a full kitchen and very nice living room with 2 large leather sofas and 2 other very comfortable chairs, a stone fireplace was also a welcome sight. The owners are in the process of upgrading all of the cabins and their hardwork definitely shows. We fished in the fish pond and caught several fish. There are apple trees right out in front of your front door that are full of apples of all kind, including Red Delicious and macintosh. Every night, there was a big bonfire and we roasted marshmallows and made somores. Early in the morning we enjoyed our coffee out on the big front porch with rocking chairs. It was so pieceful and quite--wonderful. The owners really go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. There is a playground for kids and a really large heated indoor pool. There are several cabins of different sizes to meet your needs. We were late arriving to check in due to traffic, but we called ahead and the owners met us late that night with a smile and even escorted us to our cabin and turned the light on for us. We will definitely be returning to Mountain Joy Cottages. My father does not want to stay any where else SUPER PLACE...SUPER PEOPLE.

Room Tip: All of the cabins are centrally located in a big drive around circle. All have wonderful views of th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Hazlet, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed in the Romance cabin which has been newly renovated and was absolutely gorgeous. The cabin is clean, roomy and elegant, Smart flat screen tv that I enjoyed while relaxing in the hot tub. The porch has a big swing that I sat on every morning while I enjoyed the view and tranquility with my coffee. The owners are amazing. I felt like part of the family and wanted for nothing. They were so helpful in helping me locate local shopping and restaurants in Maggie Valley as well as helping me find fun activities to do with my 6 year old Grandson. The pool was heated and sparkling clean. The AC worked beautifully and the property is well maintained. We even got in some fishing in the stocked pond which was near my cabin. I absolutely loved Mountain Joy and am looking forward to a return trip in the coming months.

Room Tip: Romance cabins are very romantic,,,
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

It a wonderful place to get away. Its peaceful and clean. The people are very welcoming and friendly. Theres beautiful views to enjoy on the front porch of your cabin. I had a wonderful experience and plan on going back very soon.

• Stayed March 2014
Susie-MJC, Owner at Mountain Joy Cottages, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you so much. I am so happy that you and your significant other enjoyed your stay. I hope that you both continue to come year after year, and next time bring the kid. Hope to see you guys here this summer with all the new remodeling and upgrades it will be nice to get new feedback on what we are doing.

Been to Mountain Joy Cottages? Share your experiences!