“A charming surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Creekwood Village Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
Creekwood Village Resort
You added Creekwood Village Resort to your Saves list
3340 Soco Road, (Highway 19), PO Box 640, Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Thomasville, Georgia
“A charming surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I decided to plan a last minute presidents day weekend ski trip for my family to Cataloochee. I first checked with another property. They had no vacancy and recommended Creekwood. I was fortunate when I called that Sonja had a cabin available for us the next day.

As we drove into Maggie Valley, everything was pretty close together and somewhat touristy near the road. The leaves were off the trees and things looked brown. It was a nice surprise to drive around the festival grounds away from the road and find a quaint row of cabins by the ponds. From the front porch I could see mountains and from the back I could see swimming mallards.

Sonja was gracious and welcomed us early. She did say she preferred cash or check, but didn't require that. We were in cabin #3 which had a room downstairs with a queen bed and a single bed. There was an upstairs loft with a double and another twin bed. There was a wood burning fireplace that we enjoyed. (It was much easier to get going with a small starter log that she helped us locate at a nearby gas station.)

I read a negative review that involved Sonja's grandson several years ago. He must have grown up a lot since then because he was very polite to me. One evening I knocked at the office door and he opened it for me as he let his grandma know that "one of the guests is here for you." Just wanted to provide that update to anyone who might be concerned by the other review...

Snow began to fall the evening we arrived and by the next morning there were icicles hanging from the porch, snow on the lawn and in the branches, and the pond was beginning to freeze. On our final morning the pond had frozen enough that the ducks would slip n slide across it as they came closer to us looking for bread. I enjoyed watching them out the kitchen window.

The festival ground provides a buffer between the main road and cabins. It was vacant during our trip but might create a less quiet atmosphere during various festivals?? This would be a super convenient location to stay if you are wanting to attend a festival and like to be very close to but a little bit away from the main drag of Maggie Valley.

The cabin was clean and adequately appointed with basic dishes and even dish soap. I did have to buy some paper towels and a pan to make brownies. The shelves provided great pantry space. The only thing I might change slightly: the laundry is done in the office near a home where there is cigarette smoke. I am particularly sensitive to cigarettes and some of the odor was on the spare sheets left folded for us on the twin bed. I hung them outside for awhile before putting them on the bed and that seemed to take care of all but the pillowcase cigarette smell. I didn't notice the smell on the other larger beds that were made when we arrived, so we just traded pillows around and opted not to even bother Sonja with it. The house itself did not smell like cigarettes, but I wanted to mention this in case anyone else is particularly sensitive.

Room Tip: Cabin 3 was nice because of the double porches...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We wanted a nice cabin for the Pop corn Sutton music fest. We chose CreekWood Village and could not have been happier. The cabins are clean and very spacious. It is in a scenic location and backs up to water. Sonya, the owner, could not have been better in terms of welcoming us and giving us suggestions of things to do in the area. If we ever come back to Maggie Valley we would not consider staying any place but there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

Creek Wood Village is a small, quiet, family-friendly resort tucked away from the road and set among two scenic ponds and a rushing creek. We appreciated that the cabin was very adequately heated in addition to the wood burning fire place and made extensive use of the full kitchen. Although not fancy, the cabin was clean, welcoming, and comfortable. We were impressed with the proximity to the Cataloochee Ski Area and noticed that there wasn't any trouble getting to and from in the snow! We enjoyed sending photos to our family using the free WiFi from the rocking chairs on the front porch and on the back porch overlooking the pond--how convenient is that!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mount Pleasant, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We were on our 45th anniversary trip looking for a nice cabin near a steam. We wanted porches with rockers, cleanliness, easy access to shopping centers, and great places to eat. We decided we had the time to check out different places to see what they were offering for the money in Maggie Valley, NC. We planned to take a day having some fun a Harrah's Casino in Cherokee. We checked out several places before finding Creek Wood. You have to see the view to believe how beautiful this place is. The owner, Sonja Michel and her daughter Michelle manage the cabins. They are jewels. They took such good care of us that we extended our stay from 2 nights to 5 nights, and would have stayed longer had it not been for doctor appointments at home. We can hardly wait to go back and take our whole family. Skiing and snow boarding are just minutes away. They provided a notebook with nearby attractions, distance, time it takes to get to each place, and maps of the area. They also provided menus of local restaurants. I don't think that it will be too much longer before we go " back home" to Creek Wood!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Callahan, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My family and I have been going to Creekwood Village for about 30 yrs. It's like a home away from home. We always leave our home with a much needed vacation. And we always come home rested and recharged. I feel like we are going to see family when we pull up at Creekwood. Sonja, the owner goes out of her way to make our stay the best! I love looking out the kitchen window and seeing the pond with the ducks. I love walking around the pond and property. It is so peaceful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Ball Ground, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My Family and I stayed at the Cabins for the first time. We met the owner Sonja and was very pleased with our stay. The Cabin was great. The Service was great. The view was breathtaking. Me my wife and our daughter will stay at Creek wood Cabins anytime we are in Maggie. Sonja the owner really makes you feel at home. She has a beautiful property. Anyone looking for a cabin stay in the mountains. Look no further. This is the place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

My husband & I have been going to Maggie for probably 25 yrs. We
stayed in a couple of other places & then found Creekwood & have
been going there ever since. We really love the log cabin in the back
& stay there whenever possible. The facility is very neat & clean &
being as far back from the road as it is, it is quiet & peaceful. You can sit at night & listen to the frogs around the two ponds or fish in the ponds during the day. The owner, Sonja, has become a very good friend throughout these many yrs. We have never had any problems whatsoever, while staying there. Sonja will provide whatever you need. We took our Grandson on this last trip & he loved it there & wants to go back. He too, thought it was very peaceful there. We also are able to take our small dog with us. All of the cabins are lovely. We have visited all of the area & now we go up there to sit on the porch or by the ponds and just relax & fish or read a book or two.

• Stayed May 2010

Been to Creekwood Village Resort? Share your experiences!