“Like Going Home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Riverlet

The Riverlet
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Maggie Valley
The Riverlet
Save Saved
You added The Riverlet to your Saves list
4102 Soco Road, Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
Ranked #27 of 27 hotels in Maggie Valley
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Like Going Home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I have been staying at the Riverlet Motel for over ten years! It is an older, basic motel but it is alway clean and well stocked! The staff are professionial, nice and down to earth! The best thing of the grounds are the two creeks coming togather! There is a large deck at the creek for you to relex! I feel safe while I am there and never had a problem! I only can say good things about this motel and staff! In the room, I didn't here any outside noice, alot of hot water, nice beds, and alot of channels on the cable TV. Try staying there at the Riverlet Motel, you may like it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Zephryhills,Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Have stayed here since 2000,when in the area.Love to hear that creek with all windows open in all seasons. Love Rms 109-110,best ones.Really needs some serious updating and new carpet. Would love to keep coming back butttttt.Beds were good.Food in restaurant is good. If it weren't for the creek,not sure where we'd go.Sink was stopped up this last trip.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Troutman, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

Nice no frills, great inexpensive place to stay if you are looking for just a place to sleep. We ride motorcycles all day and this was a great place to end up hanging out at night before retiring for the night.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I would stay here again. It was a quaint place on the creek. The young man in the office was very entertaining. It was right in the valley.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

I am a regular at the Riverlet Motel! The staff are so nice and glad to see me! The motel is an older motel but is well groomed, grounds are always up to par, rooms are in top working order plus will supplied, and staff is alway can be located! I fill safe at the Riverlet and near had a problem with anyone messing with my car! I love the two creeks and open my windows with the mountain air coming in! Mickey's Diner at the motel has great food with a good price and home cooking! I like supporting the local businesses in Maggie Valley instead the chains! Will be back soon for another good stay!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Hartwell, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

And I'm still haunted by my stay after 2 years! We stayed in one of the suites the first night. Right when we arrived my son had to use the bathroom. When he went to flush the toilet the chain in the tank broke. When I called the office I was told just to pull the chain in the back to flush it since they would not be able to fix it until the next day. Oh, great! Yes, it's clean tank water but we still had to stick our hand way down in to get the plunger to get the toilet to flush and that water was freezing! I shrugged that off. About an hour later while watching TV my son noticed a carpenter ant on the wall above one of the beds. Within moments after that we noticed more ants which seemed to be coming out of the trim along the edge of the ceiling! Called the office again, granted I never do this at any place I stay and I travel a lot, and was told by the woman this time that they would come to spray the place. I told her we would be going out to eat and that I would let her know if the problem was solved when we returned.
Once we got back to the room, right of the bat I noticed ants coming out of somewhere around the kitchenette sink! I called the office.......closed for the night. We should have left right then but since having unpacked everything I decided to suck it up until the next day. Now, when we hit the sack I noticed the ceiling above the beds; stained badly and it was sagging. I really didn't think too much of it but had a horrible time trying to go to sleep, thinking about the ants. A very restless night.
When I got up we went to the office to discuss the ant problem. By morning we could actually watch the ants coming out of the trim at the ceiling and my plan was to leave the place since I really wanted to get some rest after the long night before. The woman there, I guess the owner, told me that the room was sprayed the day before as I was told so there should no longer be a problem. After telling her that I wouldn't be up there complaining if the problem were solved she added that they had just had the baits outside refilled and that there should be a problem. Oh, so I just imagined the ants? After more discussion she said, "they are just carpenter ants so it's not like they will bite or anything!", uh, do what? She called a younger woman and man out of the back of the office and told them to accompany me to the room to spray again. Once we all entered the room, after every excuse for the ants in the book, the ants were coming out of all over the room, from the ceiling. Remember the drooping and stained ceiling? I realized at that point that there must have been a huge nest right above the beds! The guy said right away, "Oh! You can't stay in this room! We'll get you switched to another.". That would be the only good thing about the stay.
When we returned to the office I tried to get a refund and cancel that night's reservation. No way did that work. They wanted to keep my money and tried to tell me that another room down the way should be fine. Oh, sure! Right down the way would be any better???? I told her, "thanks but no thanks." proceeded back to the room, packed up my stuff, headed to KMart for a bug bomb, found another room, and in the parking lot of that hotel proceeded to fumigate my belongings while trying to relax the best I could.
I spent the rest of that day wiping down the inside of my vehicle to remove the bug bomb residue while it was all of 17 degrees outside! Thanks to that stingy non-caring witch at The Riverlet, my weekend was completely ruined and has left me with a memory that I could do without.
Lastly, the restaurant up front was never open during the time which we were there, but I'm glad for that because if it had been, we probably would have eaten supper there........deep fried carpenter ants anyone? Ugh!

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2009

I stayed in a room over the restaurant and it was not clean at all. Carpet is old and not clean. You have to walk to get ice at the office and cannot get a lot when you go. They are very strict about that. I really wanted to check out early but since I had already paid in full, I could not get a refund. I just would not stay in this room again. Maybe the other rooms are better but since it was full I really couldn 't see any other rooms.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends

Been to The Riverlet? Share your experiences!