“Loved it” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Sarasota, Florida
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

A wonderful find. Clean and comfortable. Friendly, knowledgable and helpful staff. They are a great resourse. We sat on deck and really enjoyed the river. We will go back again. If you want a great place this is it

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks for writing your review. We are glad you "found" us and hope to see you many times in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Loved this place! We had a screened-in porch on the creekside=great sleeping and atmosphere. My 7 year old and I loved the pool, so much we had to return in the morning, including a hot tub visit! The place did not feel like a "hotel", but more like a home away from home. The shower water stayed hot, even though completely booked, and the staff was A+++. The only thing that bewildered me is that the staff was gone and everything was closed after 10pm, unless you had a lockout(regular key vs electronic key), but we had no problems. The staff was very informative and knew the local area well. Would stay in a place like this everywhere we traveled, if it was available. Looking forward to returning again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay!
We keep the desk open from 7:30 AM until 11:00 PM. Over the 18 years we have owned it
we quickly found out that Maggie Valley is pretty quiet after 10 PM, and have chosen not to actively staff it after that time. We DO however have a staff member who has an apartment on the property and is available for emergencies during the night.
Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Millington, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is not a review about a recent stay but about our many stays. We Have stayed any many places both in Maggie Valley and all over the country. We have found no better place. We love this place so much we gave my parents a trip here for their 50th anniversary 2 years ago. my wife and I stay every chance we get and now we are meeting my brothers and their families their in May. We can't wait to just relax.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We hope your parents had a wonderful time on their very special 50th Anniversary!
See you in May!
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My daughter and I went to Maggie Valley for a spring break ski trip. We didn't have reservations and just stopped by Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas and WOW it could not have been better. It is small and quant, but immaculate. The rooms were right on the river with an individual porch on the back overlooking the river. They also had grills on the river. The hot tub on the river was really nice. When you think of the mountains this motel fit right in. The staff was wonderful and helpful. We will definitely be visiting again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Suzy,
We're glad you enjoyed your stay! We fell in love with this spot, in 1996, when we bought it. One look at the views of the mountains and Jonathan Creek in the back, and we knew we had the perfect spot!
Thanks for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We decided to stay at this motel because of the wonderful reviews. We were not disappointed! When we arrived we were amazed at how quiet and cozy it was! The office staff was amazing....very friendly and helpful! As far as price....excellent! As we walked to our room you could hear the creek....so peaceful and visible from our room! They also have a beautiful gazebo, a hammock, and there are rocking chairs in front of the rooms! Unfortunately, we were not able to enjoy them because of the weather, but we will return again! It seems like this place has had a recent renovation! Everything was in perfect condition and the room was spotless! Thank you so much for the wonderful stay! We've found a new favorite place to stay in the mountains!

Stayed March 2014
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We are glad you had a wonderful stay. Sorry about the rain! We have been renovating our rooms, and we are glad you noticed.
Thanks for taking the time to write a review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend Kelly and I have stayed here twice now. Once in October for my birthday and then February for a nice valentines weekend. From beginning to end the stays have been phenomenal in "our" room. The staff is very friendly and attentive. On our last visit I even brought my own little charcoal grill and grilled ribeyes, asparagus and lobster tails for my special lady. I grilled right outside of our back door in the snow with the creek as the back drop. It was divine! The rooms are always clean and I love the upgrades that you guys have done since the last visit.
Beware though!!! If you want to sleep in past 6 or 7 am get an upstairs room! I love being on the bottom floor because I have direct access to the creek and walkway right out of the back door. But, on both visits we have been woken up before 6 am with children running back and forth and jumping all over the place getting ready to go skiing. I totally understand that children are going to be children especially when they are about to go skiing. But, on both occasions I have made sure to mention this to the front desk and on both occasions I was told that it is ski season and that I should get an upstairs room. Not really the answer I was looking for. Maybe, what I would like to hear is "oh, I am sorry about that and I will give the room a call to ask them to keep it down a bit".

That is not going to stop us from continuing to stay at the Inn at all, we will just have to stay above our favorite room on future visits and lose out on my direct creek access back door. :-(

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your review. I want to apologize for our failure to respond in a positive way to your complaint about noise. We do realize that wood floors and ski boots and trying to get to the slopes early can be an issue. In all of our rooms we have added a special eco sound pad under the wood floors to help absorb as much sound as possible. It has helped quite a bit. I will also discuss your comments with the staff, both the good and the comment about handling the complaint better!
You are 100% right in the fact that the first comment should have been, that we would contact the noisy party immediately and ask them to quiet down.
We are glad you still love us and will be back again. We do have some rooms on the first floor that tend to be much quieter then others. Ask one of the staff, Alice, Keith or Wanda to put you in one of those and I believe you can still enjoy your direct access to the creek!
Once again, thanks for your comments. We truly appreciate you staying with us and look forward to your return visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have stayed in Maggie Valley many times in the past. Renting cabins or staying in hotels. We never even noticed Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas! Its only about 1/2 mile from the road to Cataloochee Ski area and we were always looking for Ski Lodge Road. When you find Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, you wonder why you never noticed such a GREAT place! Its comfortable, peaceful and quaint. The staff is wonderful, accommodating and easy to work with, some are simply a hoot to talk too, we loved every minute of our stay. We will be back next winter, but we may visit this fall too....!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
caribret, Owner at Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Hi, Thanks for writing a "perfect" review! We're glad you enjoyed staying with us. It sounds like you had a great time skiing too.
Fall is an absolute beautiful time in the mountains, we look forward to you coming back to enjoy the leaves before the next ski season.
Until then..

Been to Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas? Share your experiences!