My family made a short, overnight trip to the Maggie Valley/Asheville area for Easter weekend. I booked two rooms at the Jonathan Creek Inn based on reviews here at tripadvisor and we were NOT disappointed. Our party included 3 adults and 2 children so we booked standard rooms side-by-side (adjoining rooms were not available). I was quoted a price of $62/night + tax.
Two days before our trip, the inn called us to say they had upgraded our rooms because of remodeling in other parts of the inn. Our rooms would have 2 queen beds (instead of doubles) and screened porches facing the creek. Our price would be the same.
Check-in was smooth and the staff was VERY helpful. They gave us a run-down of the property and amenities. They were kind enough to suggest a few restaurants for dinner based on the needs of our group. The lobby is filled with local art, a sunroom with tables & board games, a couch & TV area, and a computer where guests may access the Internet. It's really lovely.
Our room was immaculate and had obviously been recently remodeled. All of the fixtures and linens were high-end and did not look like a generic hotel. Our screened patio had new outdoor furniture. The room was equipped with a microwave, refrigerator, iron & ironing board, hairdryer, coffeemaker, and a table with 2 chairs. The only evidence that the building isn't brand new is that some of the doors stick -- a telltale sign of an older property.
My husband and 2 boys went swimming in their covered pool. The greenhouse over the pool keeps the air inside at a comfortable temperature and the water was nice and warm too. There was plenty of deck furniture for observers. If you plan to swim, I would recommend bringing a beach towel (details below). The pool is not attached to the building so be sure and take warm clothes to wear back across the parking lot.
The back of the Inn faces a rushing creek and the owners have made it a most enjoyable retreat. There are several decks built along and over the creek. There are also swings and adirondack chairs along the bank. Off to one side is a screened area with a hottub -- you can soak in the spa and enjoy the sound of the rushing creek.
The only problem we had was that our bathtub was installed improperly with a gap in the underlying insulation. This caused a dip in the bottom that was beginning to wear through. I alerted the front desk attendant who said they weren't aware of the problem. She wrote up a maintenance report while I was standing there and left it for the owner.
There was a playground that we didn't get a chance to enjoy. And we did not have occasion to use the ice machine. So, while those amenities are available, I can't comment on their quality.
Western North Carolina continues to suffer from a severe drought and the local businesses are doing their part to conserve water. If you stay at the Jonathan Creek Inn for an extended period, your bed linens will not be changed daily unless you request it by leaving a special card on your bed for housekeeping. There is also a procedure for receiving fresh towels. They won't automatically replace your entire towel set on a daily basis.
We only stayed one night but I wish we could have stayed a week. I can't recommend this place enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fabulous property with great mountain views and an unbelievable creekside settings. Rooms with lots of decks, some with Hot Tubs, fireplaces. Refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers all rooms. All rooms recently renovated. Villas/cabins that sleep from 2-18. Fully Equipped with everything you need, plus your own hot tub! Outdoor public hot tub overlooking the creek, Indoor pool. Children's playground. Best location for skiing and being centrally located to all of the areas attractions. Try one of our wonderful creekside rooms with your own private screened porch. Gazebo, Picnic area, Trout stream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, T4B, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jonathan Creek Inn And Villas Hotel Maggie Valley
- Jonathan Creek Maggie Valley