“What's in the Barn is now in this Museum!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Museums
Attraction Details
Brighton, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
“What's in the Barn is now in this Museum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My motorcycle enthusiast husband and I (a novice to the sport, but a great lover of history) made the pilgrimage to Maggie Valley to this beyond incredible museum. Dale Walksler and his son Matt happened to be there, and greeted us warmly as if we were family that just stopped over for a visit. This collection is so unique in many ways: everything works/runs (and Matt even fired up a circa 1920 Henderson for us to hear) and most everything has the patina of age and history. The motorcycles here (and a few cars) are so unique and rare - and Matt, Dale, and Joe and another Joe were there to talk to us about the bikes, the history, the mechanics - just about anything. Matt in particular was so very kind - and grateful that visitors come to the museum. I cannot say enough good things about the collection, the staff, and the enjoyment we both had at this museum.

Flat Rock, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“A Trip Back In Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

The displays in this museum are so well done that you actually feel yourself as if you are right there in that era of time. The very rare motorcycles are amazing and it is hard to believe that there are so many under one roof. The museum staff are top notch people and very well informed on the motorcycles on display. To see this many American made "bikes" makes one wish for the old days when almost every product we encountered in our daily lives was made in the good ole USA. I really enjoyed three hours of motorcycles and could have stayed longer, but I had to get back on the road.

Madison, Wisconsin
“knuckleheads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I visited Wheels Thru Time in mid Oct,having seen Whats In The Barn back Home in Madison,Wi.I was fortunate to meet Matt and have a one to one chat.I told him I learned to ride at age 16(Im 70)on a 1947 74 knuvklehead.Matt said he espcially likes knuckleheads and likes the foot cluch/hand shift setup because he can ride and hold a coffee cup.I told Matt:This is what heaven looks like and sounds like and you live in it".Id like to go back and spend more time there.Its one of a kind.

Visited October 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Even if you are not a motorcycle enthusiast, it's still worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband has been here several times but I had never been. The museum building is unimpressive on the outside...and it is a little pricey for admission....but it was worth the $ and very interesting. Much more than I expected. We spent a little over an hour wandering around all the fantastic displays. But you could easily spend more time if you had It. The whole place is done very professionally and there is also a display featuring the Owner's "What's in the barn" TV show. If you go, bring your camera and maybe a book to read once you are done and whoever you came with wants to continue looking. There are plenty of places to eat in Maggie valley once you have finished your tour. The museum accepts all credit cards.

Gordonsville, Virginia
“You have to see it......unbelievable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you like motorcycles and or vintage furnishings and antiques you will be amazed! I was awe struck from the time I walked in, and still now. The museum is beautifully set up in areas that reflect different areas of motorcycle interest. I saw the rarest motorcycle in the world, several one of a kind bikes, Harley cut away motors, incredibly rare racing bikes, and a mega load of vintage motorcycle items, not to mention cool vintage cars. This is the most awesome building I have ever had the privilege to enter. My wife (not a biker type) was fully entertained. The best part was Dale, Matt, Bob, and all the pretty gals that ran the museum. They all treated you like you were dear friends. I am defiantly going back and spending days in the museum. I bet I don't see half of it. Its absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!