“You have to see it......unbelievable!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
Gordonsville, Virginia
“You have to see it......unbelievable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you like motorcycles and or vintage furnishings and antiques you will be amazed! I was awe struck from the time I walked in, and still now. The museum is beautifully set up in areas that reflect different areas of motorcycle interest. I saw the rarest motorcycle in the world, several one of a kind bikes, Harley cut away motors, incredibly rare racing bikes, and a mega load of vintage motorcycle items, not to mention cool vintage cars. This is the most awesome building I have ever had the privilege to enter. My wife (not a biker type) was fully entertained. The best part was Dale, Matt, Bob, and all the pretty gals that ran the museum. They all treated you like you were dear friends. I am defiantly going back and spending days in the museum. I bet I don't see half of it. Its absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!

Efland, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Best motorcycle museum I have ever visited!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Wheels Through Time is an incredible museum experience. They have a few other things besides motorcycles (a few cars, primitive jet ski with motorcycle engine, and a few other motorcycle engine driven things), but the primary emphasis is on motorcycles. Watch a few episodes of "What's In The Barn" on Velocity, or catch Dale Walksler on an old episode of "Chasing Classic Cars" (can't remember the title, but it was about a collection being auctioned) to get a feel for the awesome curator of this museum. I have been here a few times, but most recently was in September 2012. My teen son and I were lucky enough to visit on a day when Dale, his son Matt, and his father were all at the museum. Dale let my son sit on a couple of bikes (he was really selective, since some of the bikes are priceless), and was really great in talking to my son and I about various pieces in the museum. Dale fired up a few bikes and took a couple of rides inside the place. Matt even gave my son a ride around the property on an old bike with a side car. It was a visit my son and I will never forget.

Visited December 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This museum is a must see for not only men.... but the ladies as well. I was amazed by the shape that many of these motorcycles and cars were in. I had never seen the development of how a bicycle was turned into a motorcycle. Very, very cool! :-)

Dallas, Texas, USA
10 attraction reviews
“Lots to look at”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Lots to look at...cars, motorcycles, bicycles, vintage car toys, and "Goodrich Girls" paintings. Knowledgeable and helpful staff. Owner is on a TV reality show where he goes into barns and finds and restores vintage motorcycles. Motorcycle guys were there at the same time as us and the owner would start up motorcycles, both inside and out, so they could listen to the motors. If started inside, the owner would drive the motorcycle outside. Indoor exhaust fumes were strong, however. My husband bought raffle tickets hoping to win the cool motorcycle. The museum is a nonprofit and raises money through raffling motorcycles periodically. Okay way to spend a few hours. I sat on the couch most of the time while my husband looked around.

Visited October 2013
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
“A history of American ingenuity on wheels!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I consider myself a history buff and spend a lot of time in museums. I recently made my second trip to Wheels Through Time and can't wait to go back again. This is one of the most personal experiences I have ever had in a museum. Dale and Matt make a point of speaking to everyone and making you feel welcome. They even fire up these historical bikes! Take your family, take your friends, tell everyone about this place. If you can't go in person check out their show called Whats in the barn?... or go on their website and get the dvds. Awesome experience!