“Awesome place” 5 of 5 stars

Akron, Ohio
49 attraction reviews
“Awesome place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This museum is fantastic!! Just about every motorcycle in there can be started. Think about this...some of these bikes are more than 100 years old and the owner's son started one up for us. It sounded like an old sewing machine but was so cool. The displays are well thought out and very informative. My husband has been here twice previously and this was my 9 year old daughter and I's first time. I would definitiely go back again and go through the museum because there is always something new to see.

Rogersville, Tennessee, United States
“Interesting place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love antique cars, but never really gave much thought about antique motorcycles till today. To enjoy a bit more time in Maggie Valley, my husband and I went to Wheels Through Time, and we were both pleasantly surprised. Some beautiful old cars, and some of the most interesting motorcycles and such.
We particularly were fond of the Mowercycle parked out front. What a hoot!!!! They also had some antique children's peddle cars and such. It was just a delightful way to spend an afternoon, and the price was well within most people's budgets.

NC USA
59 attraction reviews
“Stunning Beyond Belief”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Whether or not you are into motorcycles, this museum is definitely worth seeing. The bike collection is, of course, the heart of the museum, but they are presented in the context of their eras and surrounded by loads of fun Americana. There is something almost "Christmas village-y" about this place and it just gives you a warm feeling. This is not a cold, pretentious monument to it's owner Dale Walksler, but rather his loving homage to a simple machine that has brought millions joy over the last century. Truly a "righteous" experience.

Visited May 2012
Hinesville, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Old Harley Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

An awesome display of old Harleys and other bikes, autos and memorabilia. Well worth the admission fee. A couple hours well spent.

25 attraction reviews
“A 'must see' while visiting Maggie Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My parents and I went on a 3-day 2-night spring vacation to Cherokee. Since Maggie Valley is close by, I thought this would be a fun place to visit. The minute we walked into the Wheels Through Time Transportation Museum, two nice ladies made us feel welcome. The young lady who we paid our admission stated to me I could take as many pictures as I wished. There was a lot to take pictures of! The first car we spotted was a 1962 Corvette Roadster. This car brought back a lot of memories as one of my late great uncles used to restore 1950's and 1960's Corvettes. This car was not roped off, so I opened the door and sat in the driver's seat. Matt, who is the founder and curator (Dale's) son, spotted me. Matt walked over and said, "I don't mean to be rude, but you can't sit in the cars. This is a MUSEUM and you would think you would ask." Needless to say, I was very embarrassed. I got out of the car without looking at Matt. My parents and I walked on to another exhibit. Matt went back to talking to another visitor. Later on while we were on the mezzanine looking at more motorcycles, Dale came over and introduced himself to us. We really enjoyed meeting and talking with Dale as he is very personable. I admitted to Dale AND I apologized for sitting in his Corvette. Dale shrugged his shoulders and said, "That's okay." Evidently, it wasn't a big deal to the owner! Before I wrote this review, I looked at the museum's website. There are visitors' pictures posted with at least 2 people sitting on vintage motorcycles! I'm wondering if they asked to sit on these bikes before doing so. Also, it may have been WHO they asked.
Keep in mind, not everything is labeled with the model year, make, model, etc. This museum is in a constant 'work in progress' as Matt explained to us. The Corvette did not have a laminated sign with any history about the car, as well as several other vintage vehicles. As I stated above, some vehicles and bikes are roped off.
The gift shop has very cool merchandise to purchase, such as baseball caps, t-shirts, magnets, etc.

Visited March 2013