“For the biker and fodder enthusiasts!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
Knoxville, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
“For the biker and fodder enthusiasts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Being the wife to a real biker for 21 years I enjoyed the museum. I would not recommend it for those not interested in motorcycles or antique cars. It's a self guided tour thru a bunch of old stuff. They tell you when you buy your ticket that everything is American and everything runs and you may hear a motor or two crank up. There are three guys wondering around to answer questions. We gave ourselves about 2 hours to tour it and we spent between 1.5 and 2 hours so it was just enough time to go thru the entire thing. We did hear a few get cranked while touring.

Pelzer, South Carolina
“an experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Wheels through time in Maggie Valley Nc. to see the Museum because we were told they had some pictures and things of his grandfather-Woody Simmons from the 1948 Daytona Flat track race. We found the collection and it was awesome. Its an experience about motorcycles and the persons who rode them that you will not forget. We met to owner Dale and he was very nice and intelligent and talked with us about Woody Simmons. It's a must see.

Visited October 2012
Waldorf
“The Only Live Motorcycle Museum I Have Ever Seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Everything that was displayed Ran,they would start them up for you. There latest is a 1903 cadilac,it's not restored but it runs. The big difference in this museum and the others is they all run and they take each one out and run them. The motorcycles run from 1903 up to 1955 the Harley's,the Indian'srun from late 1890's thru 1948,when they went bankrupt. My son and I advice anyone who is interested in old car's and motorcycles to visit Maggie Valley,North Carolina, and while there visit the town of Ashville and the castle that Vanderbilt built,the Biltmore. My son and I visited 5Nov.2012 Had a fabulous time. looking forward to coming back. Sincerely Don Ervin

Visited November 2012
Illinois
8 attraction reviews
“Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went because my husband was dying to go to the museum. It was very interesting. The owner Dale was nice and my husband spoke to him for a few minutes. The owner didn't seem to want to take too much time talking with us. Now his son on the other hand was awesome. He started up several old Harleys and gave us the history behind the bikes. He was GREAT!

Visited November 2012
Bronxville, New York
“Very cool!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

A must-see for a Maggie Valley visit. Loved it. The folks fired up the bikes right there. Dale and his crew were knowledgeble.

Visited July 2012