“Decent Mexican in the mountains” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 28 Restaurants in Maggie Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Nashville, Tennessee
“Decent Mexican in the mountains”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I wanted Mexican and this was our only option in Maggie Valley so we gave it a try. The chips were excellent - the high point of the meal...hot and melt in your mouth. The staff was also very friendly and service was quick. The food was average. I had a chalupa and cheese quesadilla while my husband had a chimichanga.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Asheville NC
“Terrible Food!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I would not eat there for free. Food is horrible. I am a local resident. Cannot figure out how they stay open?

Visited July 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Mexican in Maggie Valley”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Guayabitos is a Mexican restaurant in Maggie Valley, conveniently located on Soco Road. It's really the only option if you're looking for Mexican in Maggie Valley. The food is pretty good, the normal Mexican selection of food and drinks. And the prices are about average for Mexican food. The service was so-so - the waitress was slow to get our orders and brings drinks. And she brought out our food staggered so some people were almost finished by the time I got my meal. But at least there's chips and salsa to munch on while waiting. But I've been here twice and would probably eat here again if I was in the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Margaritas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stopped in late on our arrival night. They offer tables and booths in a large restaurant right on Soco Rd, the main street of Maggie Valley. All the regular standards are in the menu. I judge a Mexican restaurant by their chips and salsa. Both were AWESOME. My guests had the margaritas and deemed them wonderful. Everything we had was authentic and delicious served by a fun, kind waitstaff. A must stop if your hungry for Mexican food. I know we will certainly go back the next time we are in the area.

Visited October 2012
“Good Mexican food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have eaten here twice and both times the good was good. The service was fast and friendly. It can be a little loud inside so if you want a quiet intimate dinner, it may not be what you want.

Visited September 2012