“Very Disappointing” 2 of 5 stars

+1 828-926-1566
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Affordable fine dining right on the Creek. Dining outside or inside and open Monday through Sunday for Dinner at 4PM. Winter schedule the same with outside heating . Outside area is Pet Friendly! Full Bar with delicious cocktails, Specialty Drinks and wide variety of Beer and Wines. Large Groups and Children are very welcome. Reservations are accepted and recommended during weekends and holidays.
Staunton, Virginia
“Very Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were looking forward to a really great meal, but were very disappointed. We both decided to have the Prime Rib, since that is what they are best known for. About one forth was very tender, but the rest was so tough I couldn't even cut it up. We both left more than half on our plates. Also, why do they have bread dishes out if they don't serve bread with your meal. Nice atmosphere, but in my book...way overrated!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
skipping67, Owner at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dera Idameron, Sorry for you disappointment here at Hurley's, I will certainly talk to the bus people about not serving you rolls, Also I have called the food vendor to see if it is possible to have half and half of a prime rib to be tender on one end and tough on the other, I have also talked to our Chef of years and they both agree that sometimes a loin will come tough and sometimes very tender,, they all agreed it would be extremely rare to to both on the same loin, I do wish you would let your server know so that we could have corrected it sooner, We do hope you come back to visit us, so we can make it up. Thank you for your comments. Steve Hurley

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great food & atmosphere !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We just discovered this place this summer after spending many summers in western North Carolina. What a treasure! The server, Tina Marie, was especially friendly but not too much. She helped us with detailed answers to our questions and took care of our every request with promptness and a smile. The place is large but is divided into unique rooms with a southern flavored decor. During pleasant weather, outside seating is beside a lovely creek.

Visited October 2013
skipping67, Owner at Hurley's Creekside, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
hello Jennifer, What a pleasure it was serve you and your mother, you told me it was mother and daughters night out, what a great thing to do, It is a shame more people do not take the time out to do the same. I am so glad you had a nice time together, Best to both, Steve Hurley
Orange Park
“Good food but a little overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The food was good. I had the mountain trout which was very good. The service was a little slow but the server was running his legs off.

Visited October 2013
Hello Deedoolee, Very pleased you enjoyed our trout dinner, Sorry you feel it was pricey as if you compare our fresh trout, you will see we are below others here in the valley,regardless we are happy you left us a review, Thank again

Steve Hurley
Roanoke, Virginia
“wonderful setting and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My mother and I had a wonderful meal here while on a weekend getaway. Steve's hospitality as wonderful, the service was excellent and sitting at a table overlooking the creek by candlelight with good wine and great food.... Just a lovely time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mobile, Alabama
“Food was good...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The food was good and it was delivered in a timely manner considering they were pretty busy. However, I have worked in the restaurant business as a waitress before while I was in college. And I have also visited enough restaurants to know when the customer is valued.

Our waitress never seemed to be pleased that we were there in the first place. She just gave you the feeling that your presence and questions annoyed her. It took too long for our drinks to arrive to our table. When I worked as a waitress, we had 2 minutes to have the drinks to the table from the time they were ordered. Then, when our food was brought to us, it was dropped off and she walked away. She did not ask if we needed anything. We flagged her down and asked for tartar sauce. It never came. So, we asked someone else. Still no tartar sauce. Finally, the third person we asked brought us the tartar sauce. My husband was out of water and so was the couple across from us. Our waitress walked past us repeatedly without even glancing down to see if we needed anything.

I did bring these problems to the attention of the manager. And he just had someone else come and refill our water which was when we were done with our meal. That is all that was done. Although the manager seemed genuinely concerned, he was not proactive in speaking with us and apologizing or anything like that. He asked who our waitress was and walked away. My husband and I had a completely opposite experience in another restaurant at the beach. This manager was at our table and apologizing before we were even aware of the problem. That is how the managers always were at the restaurant that I worked for. They knew as much that was going on at someones table as that waiter or waitress. Management makes all the difference. Your customers satisfaction has to be forefront in your mind. You have to be proactive and on the ball. Don't get me wrong, I saw this manager working hard, but it seemed more focused towards table turn over. We also aren't saying that our service experience was the same experience as everyone else in the restaurant. We saw some other waiters and waitresses working hard and being more efficient.

• Visited October 2013