“Kathy the Receptionist was awful to us” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Limited Maggie Valley

You added Ramada Limited Maggie Valley to your Saves list
Ramada Limited Maggie Valley
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4048 Soco Road, On US Highway 19, Maggie Valley, NC 28751   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Maggie Valley
Boone, North Carolina
“Kathy the Receptionist was awful to us”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our experience started off on the wrong foot when we had realized that the wrong date was booked via Priceline.com. Though it was my fault, it was a simple mistake that could have been easily fixed with some help from the information desk. When I told Kathy, the old decrepit receptionist what had happened, she said that she could not do anything to help, gave me a blank stare, and glued her eyes back on the television. Instead, I called Priceline.com and THEY were able to help. As I'm sitting in my car in front of the hotel on the phone, Kathy walks out obnoxiously exclaims, “What are you doing?!”. I am baffled by the rudeness in the tone of her voice, thinking she was kidding around. I proceed indoors and she continues to treat me with some of the unfriendliest customer service possible with everything from condescending remarks to unwanted sarcasm. Before I walk up to my room, she remarks that she “saved me $88” by changing my reservation around...like I should be grateful that she did her job (even when she refused to help me out prior to Priceline lending a hand).

For the rest of the hotel experience, our toilet paper was almost out when we got there and mold was growing in the jacuzzi/hot tub/pool area (the mold was floating around in the water).

I usually don't write recommendations but I honestly want to deter other people from coming to this hotel and experiencing what we have gone through this weekend. Decrepit Kathy's comments did not ruin our trip nor did the disgusting mold growing in the pool but it certainly did make us uncomfortable staying at this hotel. Shoulda stayed at the Best Western instead.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ramadamaggie, General Manager at Ramada Limited Maggie Valley, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Andy D,

I would like to first sincerely apologize for the troubles you encountered during your recent stay. We strive to make every guest happy. However, we will make a greater effort in the future to make sure this does not happen again. Due to online bookings and their contracts with the franchise, we cannot change or cancel online bookings directly from the hotel. These third parties have to call us and change on their end. We are very shocked to hear about the pool issue. We have a professional contractor come in and check the pools every other day for chemicals and things of that nature. They are a reputed company and we will keep an eye on this. We appreciate your comments and have addressed all of these issues. We hope you give us another chance to make it up and try us again in the near future.

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
orlando, fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We've stayed here before for ski trips to Maggie Valley because their prices are so reasonable. Additionally, they are part of the "kids ski free" program plus have a decent free breakfast and wi-fi. This last visit wasn't the greatest experience but we probably will stay here again. Here's what happened...After a long day of skiing we were all looking forward to using the hot tub before bed. However, we arrived back at the hotel at 9pm and found a group of late-20-year-olds partying in the hot tub with alcoholic beverages -- not really what you want with kids ages 5 and 7. Management was obvious about what was going on since the pool/hot tub are right as you walk in the front entrance more or less across from the check-in desk. So we went to bed and got up the next morning to use the pool/hot tub. Bad idea as 2 of us ended up with a couple slivers of broken glass in our feet while in the hot tub. Unpleasant but not serious. At least the morning desk attendant was more attentive about the situation and said the pool guy would be there later in the morning to clean. Other than that, everything was what you'd expect for the money. TVs were flat screen and large, water pressure in bathroom was good, mini-fridge was cold and beds were comfortable (though the blanket on top of the sheet was a little iffy). You get what you pay for so I can't complain too much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear AutecAng,

We are very sorry to hear about the situation at your last visit to Maggie Valley. We take each comment seriously and strive to accommodate every guest that stays with us. There is no justification for the problems, however the guests that were in the hot tub, we did ask them to quiet down, however we cannot ask them to leave unless they are out of control. We do apologize for this situation and we hope you give us another try and stay with us again.

Friendsville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The hotel was convenient to restaurants and the ski resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful. But the rooms were so/so. The heating unit in the wall was noisy and it blared all night, no matter the setting. The breakfast was fair. I had a nonsmoking room but the hallway and stairwells were very smoky smelling. For the price it was ok, but I wouldn't return. I would try one of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Dear MollyKnoxville,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are sorry you were not fully satisfied with some of the features of our rooms. We take your comments very serious and will be sharing them with our staff so we can continue to maintain a high level of service. We hope you will consider us again in the near future.

Maryville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel is getting a little old and needs a refreshing inside and out. However, I have stayed there several times and the staff is always great and the mattresses are great. The indoor hot tub and pool is a plus.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Limited Maggie Valley? Share your experiences!