“Convenient, clean and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites

You added Econo Lodge Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3608 Kahn Drive, Exit 20 off I-95, Lumberton, NC 28358 (Formerly Ramada Inn & Suites Lumberton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
High desert
“Convenient, clean and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Had low expectations... But was pleasantly surprised by the courteous staff and definately can't beat the price! Robert at the desk was very pleasant and the room was spacious and well appointed. I just needed a place to lay down and found a great home albeit for a night on a 1200 mile road trip!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. It is our goal to satisfy our guest. When traveling this way again, please come see us. We will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Neelyton, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Stayed at this Econo Lodge almost a year to the day ago. Sometimes accommodations can change, and not for the better, in a year. Was pleased to have another excellent stay. Front desk staff was very pleasant and welcoming. Room was clean and had everything we could have wanted. Thank you again for a good room at a good price, at a very convenient location!

Room Tip: ground floor is always convenient with pets to consider
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you so much for the great review. It is always a pleasure to accommodate such nice guest. We will look forward to seeing you again next year. If there is anything we can do for you before that just let us know.

Again, thank you for your business.
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The rooms are well worth the weekly rate, the bar area needs to get a bartender with a personality, lumbertion is not Las Vegas, Atlanta or New York City, don't treat paying customers that actually pay to stay at the hotel like crap because you have your local Saturday night crowd come in after 9 pm. The place is a joke.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
I was sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the bar here at the hotel. Unfortunately, it is a separate business from the hotel. I have talk to the owner about this issue and he is doing everything he can to find out what happened and rectify the situation. I am glad that it has not changed your mind about staying at the hotel.
Thank you for your comment informing us about the problem and again I apologize on behalf of the hotel.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

If not for the ultra friendly and super helpful desk staff, I wouldn't have anything good to say. I'm always leery about Econo Lodge; they're either hit or miss. This one is a miss! It looks pretty decent from the outside, but the room smelled of smoke from months maybe years gone by. It didn't reek, but it was in the fibers within the room. When my son walked in he said, "I guess I'll be sleeping in the car tonight!" It was bad. When I requested a different room, perhaps one that had been renovated, the person at the front desk said a few had been renovated, but none were available. She also said the renovation had been slow going, but moving along nonetheless. I'm not sure which hotel to which some of the reviews here are referring. I know good and excellent varies from person to person, but this is DEFINITELY NOT a hotel I'd consider staying in in its current condition. We went to Comfort Suites 2.4 miles away, which had previously been booked. Thank God their availability changed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
VFDUSA, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I am so sorry that the staff couldn't find any non smoking rooms that were newly renovated. We're still working on our renovation process, perhaps in the future we may be able to be in your HIt list. Please, except our sincere apology.

Sincerly,

Harry B. Jhala
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been staying here off and on for two years. We use this hotel when working out of town. I have seen a very positive transformation in this place from when we first started staying here in November of 2011. Harry and his staff have definitely went the extra mile to ensure the place is kepy up and safe.

Room Tip: back rooms are more secluded
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
VFDUSA, Owner at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hey Garry, Thanks for the uplifting words. I told you, give me 2-3 years and I'll turn this place around. I am going to give my best taking care of this hotel. I want to personally say Thanks to you and your staff for staying with us.

Harry
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

What wonderful service I received from Harry at the front desk. Cause of his kind service and what he did to make my stay wonderful I will defiantly stay again. Fair prices and nice room! I stayed for two nights and ended up having to stay a extra two night and they met all my need and the Italian restaurant had the best veal parmesan I have every tasted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
VFDUSA, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Mrs. Kim,
I am glad your stay was enjoyable with us. Next time, when you're in town please, let us know and we will take care of you.

Thank You.
Kinston, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I like to say the Econo Lodge in Lumberton NC is an excellent choice for lodging. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. I would really like to thank Tabitha Ivey for the superior service she provided at the front desk. Also her husband Jeffrey Ivey offer the highest quality service I have seen in along time. He and Ozzy Britt were on their toes and never let me down for anything I was in need of. I was gonna stay a short stay but decided to extend my stay for an additional 2 weeks due to the quality of service.

Room Tip: Ask for room 101.
Dear Mr. Osborne,

Thanks for your respond. I am glad your stay was pleasant. We're always working on improving our guest service.

Thanks,