“A DECEIVING DUMP” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 hotels in Lumberton
GREENSBORO
“A DECEIVING DUMP”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

A dump that didnt have my room ready when i arrived then the room had large cockroaches and dirty linen and smell of urine. I just left would not let my dog stay there. Also dont let Orbitz book your room because if something goes wrong they will not support you.

• Liked — Absolutely Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything Especially The Mis Leading Management
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2007

we stopped overnight on our way to georgia,we had been on on the road for 12 hoursand we were exhusted,the desk clerk was very nice and accomadating,our room was very nice and and very comforable, the hotel itself needs work,the snack machime was rusty and you couldnt tell if anything was in it, the continental breakfast was not much to talk about,coffee was very weak and orange juice was like water, there should have been more varietytochoose from,there was a coffee pot in our room buy it did not work.we went some where else for breakfast..we did get a restful night,s sleepand that really why we stopped.

Deland, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

Staff at the Howard Johnson in Lumberton were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and CLEAN! This hotel is located right off exit 20 on Interstate 95. There are few restaurants in walking distance and Rooms have been well-maintained over the years. It was perfectly located for our trip from Florida to New York. Location was excellent,room was cleaned, staff was great, checkin and out... was a breeze resteraunt nearby it was perfect for my family. Overall i had a plesent stay and i am gone stay there again on our way back.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2004

This hotel definitely provides great hospitality. I arrived there late in the evening and requested several commodities. Each of which was provided to my room while I was moving in. Most places I've stayed at don't go that far to please their customers. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly, and I had a good nights rest...what more can you ask for?

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2004

this is a very excellent hotel i ever stayed. the staff was very nice. sservice was very nice. room was clean and comfortable. i will choose this hotel for anytime i will pass from there.

Blairsville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2003

My family and I stayed here overnight last October on our way to the Outer Banks. I based my selection on the pictures and discription on the internet and made reservations online. Don't be deceived by the pictures. This is the nastiest place I've ever been in. I stay in a lot of motels and hotels throughout the year and this one is the worse. The smell and filth will make you sick. The rooms are dirty, the furniture and carpet is either stained and dirty, or covered in duct tape (including the carpet and phone). When I complained to the front desk, they moved my parents to a room that didn't smell like vomit. The manager then wrote me to say we didn't complain at the time, but I don't think they would have moved us if we hadn't complained. I would have moved to another motel, but my crazy parents didn't want to because they were tired (they are in their 70's). Take my advice--stay away from this place.

• Stayed October 2002
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2002

I would recommend that you stay away from this hotel. We were checked into a room that had a neatly made bed as if the room were ready. However, carpet was not vaccuumed, coffee pot was not cleaned, room had a stale odor(needed new filter on a/c unit.). The sheets smelled like they were not clean. We eventually were given another room which was not much better. Thier exscue was that one of thier maids had quit. That is a poor exscuse for putting people in dirty rooms.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Lumberton? Share your experiences!