“Well lit, decent room, springy bed and poor booking system.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Motel Lumberton to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Lumberton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   150 Jackson Court, Lumberton, NC 28358   |
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Lumberton
“Well lit, decent room, springy bed and poor booking system.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Apparently our reservation was accepted and charged but no room was reserved in the system. As a result, we arrived with the front desk being unable to find our reservation. Twenty minutes later the manager arrives and informs us that the books were being closed when we reserved so that was the cause. Long story short, we received the last non-smoking room but not in the bed arrangement booked.
Besides the checkin glitch, the location is great - right off the highway. The lot is well lit and plenty of parking. The room was as expected: clean, neat, and A/C working well. The mattresses areva bit springy, but firm.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

The hotel was fine for a stopover, the room was spacious and soundproof so we got a good night's sleep. We paid around $60 for the night which was very good value compared to the hotels on the other side of the highway. We didn't think that the lobby and breakfast room looked all that clean though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
South Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

My daughters and I were on our trip from NJ to Florida and unfortunately pulled into this motel at 4:50 a.m. - totally exhausted. The room was dimly lit, but we were only sleeping for a few hours and moving on. This couldn't be that bad, could it? First thing we found were 2 bugs in the bathroom - one dead and the other on its back with its legs kicking. Gross. Well, it is a warmer climate and it is the first floor but this is disgusting. Gave us the creeps. Were there bugs in the beds too? We checked and fortunately did not see any IN the pitiful beds. Who knows what crawled on us during the next couple of hours. At 8:25 a.m., Housekeeping decided to knock on our door. We had just checked in and got in the room after 5 a.m. and they were knocking on the door at 8:25 a.m. Our room had no "Do Not Disturb" sign to put on the door, but come on, check-out time is 11 a.m. why did they decide to knock so early? I never really slept - kept thinking of bugs crawling on us. I finally got up around 10 and went outside to call family members while my daughters got some more sleep. Don't I see the Housekeeper AGAIN knocking on the door? What is wrong with these peopel? I told her that we weren't checking out til 11 and why did she knock again? She said she thought we were gone. Right. I then heard her tell the other Housekeeper that it wasn't her problem. I got my girls up and said let's get out of here. Upon trying to leave the room, a bug - a term I use lightly - a 2-1/2 to 3 inch - roach or some kind of palmetto bug - was on the door right next to the door handle. That was it. I called the Front Desk and told the woman to send someone to come to our room to open the door from the outside as I wasn't putting my hand anywhere on that door! She matter-of-factly said she'd send someone from Maintenance to our room. Probably a common occurrence. Maintenance guy came to the room and joked that it was only a "cricket" who had wanted to come in. Completely grossed my girls and I out. Once I got out and went to the office to check out, I demanded a refund and was told that no refunds are given, but she'd give me a 10% discount. I want the Super 8 to know that a refund will have been much cheaper as I intend to tell this story to everyone and anyone who will listen. I hope this place gets closed down. The Health Dept. must not have to inspect it or it would already be closed. It was crudy, dirty, and absolutely disgusting. By all means, NEVER EVER STAY HERE AND WASTE YOUR MONEY. NEVER. EVER. And by the way, I took pictures of the bug on the door - no one can believe the size of the bug and everyone agrees that it was no cricket! - and there's a picture of the bugs on the dirty bathroom floor. PLEASE, PLEASE - SAVE YOUR MONEY AND NEVER STAY HERE!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

New Port Richey, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

The room was clean and neat. All you needed for an overnight stay. Not fancy but nice.We used a handicap room and it met all our needs.The lobby was clean and they served a nice breakfast. Would stay there again

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
va.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2008

I've stayed here before in the past and this time it was noisy,firlthyand had raches.Had to call front desk twice to complain about noise.First time about 1 am second time about 3am.The room wasn't clean.

i'll probally avoid staying there any more.

• Disliked — roaches
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
columbus
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2008

I stayed one night at Super 8 Lumberton on Feb 12.
I booked the hotel from Hotwire.
However, they charged me two time, from Hotwire and Super 8 respectively.
I found the problem few days after I left the hotel.
I made phone calls to them, but always hold for somebody who can solve the problem.
The third call, I finally talked to someone who manage the payment problem and she said they are going to refund me the addiational charge.
After one month, the refund still didn't come into account.

I made several calls to them.
They care little about the problem and let me call their manager again an again.
It really sucks.
I syated at least 14 days per month,and never have this problem.

The hotel is just terrible.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2007

I was travelling with my family home from Florida and stopped here as a half-way point home. There were drunken guys and girls with chairs dragged out of the rooms sitting on the walkway to the rooms on the second floor. Beer and liquor bottles thrown all over. They were rowdy and loud. There was vomit on the sidewalk! My son was very sick with a fever and GI bug, and I had to stay to allow him to sleep and use the BR. The room was prepaid through a reputable online travel site. The desk clerk had the nerve to call my room twice (waking the kids both times) telling me that I needed to settle down the children because they were disturbing other guests! The pool was not covered and was nasty and green!! I did not sleep all night! I did not feel safe. There was a shady looking person who came up to the car asking to help me unload the car (he was NOT an employee). The room was tolerable, but the non-smoking room we got wreaked of smoke!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! If my son were not sick, I would have wasted the money I spent and kept on driving!!

• Liked — Nothing at all!
  • Disliked — The place was disgusting! Openly allowing drunk and disorderly conduct.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Motel Lumberton? Share your experiences!