“Good food terrible service” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: located at exit #22 on Interstate 95
Description: located at exit #22 on Interstate 95
pegh8696
“Good food terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I visited Texas Steakhouse as a part of a retirement party. Our total party was 40-50 people. We had an 11:00 reservation. We were greeted by a friendly server. We ordered our beverages. We had to wait about 5 minutes after getting our beverages before we received straws. We ordered at approximately 11:30. The server asked for each of our names. We order the fried pickles and the full order of onion petals. The $4.99 fried pickles only is 5 pickle spears. The onion petals were cold so we asked for a fresh order. The people at my table order the lunch steak skillet, chicken club sandwich, regular chicken sandwich, and the ribeye steak sandwich. The server apparently individually ordered each person's order as 2 plates came out then another about 5 minutes later and finally the last plate come as I was finishing my lunch. We had to ask for ketchup and rolls. I personally refilled the water at the table. The food was delicious. The tip was automatically included in the total. After receiving the checks we didn't see our server again. We brought our money to her. As I was waiting for the server to go to base to get my change, another customer demanded that the tip be removed for her total. The manager stated that is was automatic, but the receipt clearly stated that the tip was optional. The manager brought me my change and I asked for my original receipt so I could take the survey. I was told that I would have to get it from my server. I told her that I would send my comments to their corporate office. At no time during our dining experience did the manager ever come to our area. 2 servers for a party of 40-50 people is unacceptable.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oswego, New York
“On the road”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stopped here on our way north. The decor is rustic and the wait for food is a little to long for travelers. The food was average we had a salad and club sandwich. Would stop here again.

“Good food-great price!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband and I had taken the special. 2 for 22$. It was sirloin steak with fries and side order of sautéed mushrooms which was amazingly good. Steak was cooked to liking. The marinade was awesome!!! The appetizer of fried blossom pedals was to die for. It's better than onion rings. A definite much try for everyone!!!! Service was great, waitress did her job well.

Apex
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I hate to rate on one visit but I have had so much better. Unless they change chefs, skip the fish tacos...seriously! They threw some fried pieces of fish in a taco...and some cabbage! No sauce, no flavor. Completely sucked! The one positive-bartender who handled my take-out order. She was very nice.

Visited February 2014
Mayfield, Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Food and service was very good and the price reasonable. Nice atmosphere. Don't know what more I can say.

Visited January 2014