“Great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adelio's Restaurant

Adelio's Restaurant
3608 Kahn Drive, (Interstate-95; exit @ mile marker 20), Lumberton, NC 28358-2314
(866) 865-0644
Dining options: Reservations
The Villages, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

What a surprise. As always when we travel, I as the front desk for dinner suggestions. Some place local not a chain. Adelio's was suggested. The food was outstanding. The pasta was drained so it was not watery. I had the Flounder Francies. My wife had Eggplant Parm. Skin was off and the sauce was excellent. If you are traveling and spent the night in Lumberton, NC I recommend you dine there. The staff was exceptional. The place is a hidden gem.

Raleigh, NC
“Very Good Food, Good Service, Good Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have always been satisfied with the food and service at Adelio's. The Chicken Picatta has always been excellent. Service is always friendly. Very reasonable prices.

Aspen Hill, Maryland
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Found this place on Trip Advisor! Wouldn't have thought there would be such a great restaurant (much less a restaurant at all) in an Econo Lodge. The food, the service, everything was great. We will stop in there the next time we are in area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorktown, Virginia
“Good Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We ventured to Adelio's based upon the TripAdvisor reviews. I was surprised and concerned getting there that it was in the Econo Lodge, especially entering the lobby which had a distinct cleaner odor. Have no fear, the restaurant is very good. I had the veal piccata, which was excellent. My wife had manicotti, which was also good. The cannoli for desert was also very good. This is a good choice for well prepared Italian.

Naples, Florida
“An oasis in nowhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Gresham's law says "bad money drives out good". In every major and not-so-major city the Olive Gardens and the Outbacks drive out honest local cuisine. So on the road, we stay by choice in smaller towns and seek out independent restaurants. Sometimes we strike out. This was a home run. Search "Adelio Lumberton Youtube" and check out chef Adelio's personal advert.

Adelio's Ristorante is stuck in an EconoLodge, a former Ramada. Don't be dissuaded. The muzak is soft classical, which I normally find pretentious. But after a hard 8 hours on I-95, tonight it was totally soothing, and it showed the chef is really trying to create a fine dining experience. They were sold out of their one Pinot Grigio di Venezia, so we settled for a Mark West Chard, but chef Adelio really succeeded on the food. Minus 1 star for a *little* more salt than we like and asparagus a *little* overcooked--but this may be how the locals like it, and my wife and I nevertheless ate it all with relish. Veal marsala and Pollo Francese/Siciliano (w/ mozzarella) with a homemade chocolate mousse for dessert were otherwise exceptional. Charming service.

I told Tripadvisor this was "one of the best meals I've ever had in a restaurant". This might have been a stretch, because I've dined in 3-star Michelin restaurants in France, but never before on I-95 have I had a meal so totally satisfying and so eminently reasonable ($30 each, wine, entrees, salads, pasta, a side of asparagus [$2.00!], and dessert). Don't miss it!

• 4 of 5 stars Food