“Best Seafood in Lumberton” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Lumberton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family style Eastern North Carolina Seafood Restaurant featuring the best in Fried, Broiled and Boiled Seafood including Fish (Flounder, Sea Trout, Catfish, Tilapia, etc.) Shrimp, Scallops, Oysters, Clam Strips and Devil Crab. We also offer non-seafood dishes that include Ribs, BBQ, Chicken, Pasta and a line up of Sandwiches and Salads. Come check us out, you will love our food and our great Southern Hospitality.
“Best Seafood in Lumberton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

First of, the wait staff is super friendly and I could probably fill up on hush puppies alone, they are on point. The shrimp are always cooked perfect and for a seafood restaurant, they have awesome barbecue. Very quick service and delicious food in a family atmosphere, out family eats here frequently and we have never had any complaints!

Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Lindsey A
Thanks for the great review. I am glad that you enjoy our staff and our food. It really all boils down to your people and I am very proud of both the wait staff and the kitchen staff. We all try to stay focused on the needs of the customer so when we get a review like yours it gives us fuel to keep on truckin'. Thanks for your business.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Great value with good variety of seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stopped on our way from the beach and were impressed with the fast friendly service. Both the broiled and fried fish were as good as on the coast.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hey guys
Thanks for stopping in with us and for taking the time to write us a review. I'm happy that you enjoyed the seafood and hope you will stop again the next time your coming through.
Have a wonderful summer.
“mom and pop seafood diner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was a little disappointed as the reviews were so good. I was expecting a little
more upmarket restaurant which is ok if the food is really good.
I ordered the Deluxe seafood platter .I asked for Jumbo shrimp, they said it came with the Deluxe.
Well the shrimp were small to medium , nowhere near jumbo, very mediocre.
I hardly ate the scallops as they were tough. The fish was ok.
The service was just Ok. She was in a hurry to get our order in, very rushed.
Would not go there again, and none of my colleagues who went different times and days
really liked it either.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Ouch, that one hurt!! I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal here.We would love to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the area.
Aldie VA
“Best broiled seafood platter on the east coast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner on our trip from Florida to Nags Head NC. The restaurant is large and bustling with happy people....customers and servers. This is not a romantic candlelit ambience but a perfect place for families and anyone wanting a great meal at a great price.

My husband and I split the broiled seafood platter and there was enough for two. The shrimp, scallops, flounder and deviled crab were fresh and beautifully seasoned. The hush puppies are to die for.

My husband orders the broiled seafood platter wherever he can find it, and has had it throughout the east coast...Virginia Beach, Chincoteague, Outer Banks, Ocean City, Murrell's Inlet....and he reports this is the best he's ever had.

We couldn't believe how reasonably priced this place is. Great find....we will be back.

Visited June 2014
Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Wow, you made my day. Thanks for the glowing review. I am glad that you enjoyed the broiled seafood. We live in an area that loves it fried seafood but we are shifting some eating patterns over to the broiled. Once our fried lovers give it a try, they usually stick with it. We thank you for your business and hope to see you again on your way home. God Bless you.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Pier 41 Seafood restaurant, Lumberton NC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

While staying at the Holiday Inn in Lumberton this past May 24/25th we saw this restaurant in the brochure in the hotel and decided to give it a try. So glad we did! Our food was wonderful! They gave way too much food but it was delicious. The owner even stopped by our table to chat with us. Very nice and clean restaurant. We plan to go to Lumberton again for Labor Day and Pier 41 will definitely be on our radar. Next time we will split the meal as it was a huge amount of food but extremely well priced. I could not get even close to the amount of food they served us at a Red Lobster! It was packed when we arrived, but the seating went really fast and we were served in no time. This is a must go to restaurant if you are in the area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Steve R, Owner at Pier 41 Seafood, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am very happy that you enjoyed you dinner with us. Our portions are pretty large as that has been a tradition. You may want to look at our house special plates which are smaller. We look forward to your return and thank you for the review. God Bless.