“Clean Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“Clean Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I stopped to spend the night at the Comfort Inn on our way to Florida in June. We chose this hotel because it had positive reviews. After checking in we drove our car around to the side of the building with the intention of carrying our bags through the entrance close to the elevator. There was a card reader on the door and we tried and tried but the door would not open. My husband was not feeling well so I left him there with the luggage and walked around to the lobby and asked why we could not enter the side door. The clerk said that the door was "exit only". Of course there was a card reader and no sign so it was a little perturbing.

The swimming pool is also outside that "exit only" door so I guess one would have to walk around the building to the lobby after using the pool. The pool water was green and had a fim floating on the surface so I doubt anyone would want to use the pool anyway.

The room itself was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. There was no TV channel guide which most hotels have available so perhaps this Comfort Inn should consider offering that. The breakfast was fine...just the usual fare that you get at the Choice Hotels chain.

I would probably consider staying there again. My main complaint is the pool--they should either clean it or fill it in!

Room Tip: The ice and vending machines are only on odd number floors so it might be wise to ask to be located...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Daytona Beach S
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful Room, I stay here because I need to rest from my drive. The bed are wonderful best sleep I had sense my vacation. It my first time staying in a Comfort Inn and it will be my first choice now. Thank you

• Stayed June 2014
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Hotel has a great location, right off I-95 driving down from NY to GA.
Check-in was done quickly and in a very friendly manner, very ample parking lot, security guard included.
Continental breakfast, comfortable bed, HBO, microwave, mini fridge and swimming pool.
Perfect pit stop for my yearly northbound\southbound trips.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were impressed on how clean everything was from the lobby to our room. Breakfast buffet was very good. Even though it's not right next to the interstate, you can still hear the trucks so bring ear plugs.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall away from the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Carolina Girl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Surprised to see a hotel so close to the interstate this clean. Staff was very polite and professional. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable. Downside was construction is going on and starts at 6 AM and the Days Inn is directly behind them which offers an ugly eyesore and safety concern. Overall, I was impressed with the hotel and would stay again if in this area.

Room Tip: Don't stay on side with Country Inn and Suites due to construction if traveling there in near fu...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were met with a " welcome ya all" and cold bottles of water ( we were part of a bus tour- so not sure all should expect the water). Our rooms and keys were ready. they were clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable.
A hot breakfast with a variety of options was available from 6-9 am.
we've stayed in three hotels on this trip and. I give this one high marks. I will miss their Southern type hospitality when I get home!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

First stop on our way to Florida. The hostess, Ms Eva greeted us at breakfast with the biggest smile and the most welcoming 'Good Morning'!! First impressions are important and she sure did her job at this Comfort Inn. She hustled and bustled about with great ease, greeting everyone entering her domain. All was neat and well stocked thanks to her attention. She really made an such a positive impression, I would definately stop again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn Lumberton? Share your experiences!