“Good stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Lumberton
Great Loop
“Good stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hotel was very clean and limited road noise. The staff was excellent and very helpful. The access from the highway was good. Several decent restaurants in the area. The free breakfast was a bit lacking, but the lady who was working there was very personable. We thought it was a good value and will likely stay here again on our way back to Florida.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stopped here overnight on way to Myrtle Beach. Found coupon in Hotel mag. we found at rest stop on the way. Room was clean, quiet and in a safe area. The only negative I have is that we checked in after 6pm, and the room was not stocked with clean towels. After a long day on driving and expecting to get up before dawn all we wanted was a hot shower and to turn in for the night. We had to wait a considerable amount of time for housekeeping to come with towels. Other than that I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: check discount rest stop mags for coupon.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This place was easy to get to off the highway, but I guess you get what you pay for. It was OK but not great. It needs a little updating. It was hot out (in the upper 80's) and the pool was closed, the water was all green. I went to the front desk to get a fitted sheet for the pull out couch for my kids to sleep on. The one in the room was too small. They told me "that is the one that goes with it." The tiny workout room has the treadmill wedged into a corner, as my son fell off it he was thrown into the wall and hit his head. When I told the staff person, all they said was "sorry". A/C didn't work too well either. Breakfast was decent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Germantown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We were travelling from Florida to Maryland without knowing where we would stop for the night and by the time we got to Florence, South Carolina, at 9 pm, all the rooms were all full. We used the TravelCoupons.com booklet we had picked up at the South Carolina welcome center as a basis to start calling lodging progressively up the road. We tried calling the Country Inn&Suites first, which had no availability, but suggested the Comfort Inn. The Comfort had rooms (at the rate cited in the Travel Coupon booklet, which was $10/night less than the AAA rate) so we decided to go for it. Everything worked out fine. Tricia at reception was very friendly and efficient, and the room was pleasant and surprisingly large and everything seemed to work fine. The breakfast the next morning was sufficient/typical for this level of lodging, and Eva, the breakfast room attendant, was extremely friendly. All in all, the Comfort Inn provided far more than adequate overnight accomodations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Blomidon, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Sorry I'm a bit late in posting this review. I was travelling south on the 95 in November, had not booked any motel, and was driving until too tired to go on. I saw the Comfort Inn sign, turned off the highway, and booked in. I was a bit leary of another Comfort Inn, as the previous night my experience in Connecticut was not too good.

However, I was pleased to find a very clean room, with a great bed. There was a working table with outlets to connect my lap top, and the WiFi worked just fine. The TV was fairly new with HD. There was a fridge & microwave, which I used, and the A/C (needed heat) actually worked very well, and not too noisy.

There was a fairly 'spartan' breakfast, but I was in a hurry to hit the road anyway. Checking in and out was just fine. For the price, proximity to the 95, and the conveniences supplied, this motel should fit any travellers on a 'budget'. However, if you are looking for a place with a choice of eating esablishments close by, you might want to keep on driving.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here while traveling South with my Mother. We were able to get a great rate by using one of those Hotel Coupon Books found at the Visitor Centers along Rt 95. Everything was great....from the location, price, fast and pleasant check in to the comfortable rooms and tasty breakfast. The only complaint (& this really wasn't a problem for us) was the blowers from the fan billowed the curtain out over the comfy chair the whole time. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

After a 2 week vacation in Florida it was time to travel back north to Massachusetts. Arrived at Lumberton NC and decided to stay 1 night at the Comfort Inn off I- 95. Was warmly greeted by BIBI the front desk manager. The hotel was very clean, and easily accessible with baggage and car parking . I was very surprised that the hotel had a night security guard and was warmly greeted by him also. We felt very secure and safe at this hotel. The breakfast was very nice and the staff again very friendly and served our every need. The staff in this Comfort Inn was terrific and I especially want to Thank BIBI for her help with my reservation. We have put this hotel as our #1 stop for future Florida Travel next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Lumberton? Share your experiences!