“Stay only if you must, and don't expect much” 2 of 5 stars

Atkinson Inn & Suites
3003 W. 5th Street, Exit 17 at I-95, Lumberton, NC 28358   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Lumberton
Westmont, NJ
“Stay only if you must, and don't expect much”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

Reserved a room well in advance but check in still took 10 minutes. Room cleanliness OK but furniture spartan. Coffee maker promised but none in the room. "Free continental breakfast" promised. Mr. Shah (manager) told me during registration that the coffee area would open at 7 AM. I went at 7:35 AM and the room was locked. Mr. Shah came to the door in shorts and slippers and waved me off saying "no coffee ready". I went back in 10 minutes. Coffee was ready. I also poured a cup of orange juice and it was HOT. Not cool, not lukewarm, HOT. That was disgusting. There was no food at all, nothing, not even a crust of bread. The Inn promises "Satisfaction Guaranteed". I registered these comments with the Inn and have heard nothing. We will pass through Lumberton 4 more times in 2011. I emphasize "pass through" because we will not stop going either southbound or northbound.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I have stayed here on several occasions for business and have always been pleased with the offerings. The rooms are clean, contemporary, and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall it is a much better value than most of the chain places in the area. Negatives would be some road noise due to proximity to interstate and limited breafast offerings but overall the inn provides a very comfy stay.

Northampton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

This was an unplanned stop. My truck broke down and while it was in the repair shop, this is the nicesest inn in the area. The staff went ubove and beyond the call of duty to make my unfortunate situation more tolorable. They where very attentive to my needs and wanted to make sure that I was taken care of.

As I am writing this review, I have just been informed that my truck will take another day to be ready. I am happily walking back down the inn for another nights stay.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Funny story, my wife and I were traveling from Michigan to Florida and Stopped in Lumberton, NC. Upon leaving the next morning my wife and I each the other had gotten the cat. Only five hours later had we realized that we haven't seen the cat since it usually sleeps in the back of the Jeep. Well it was the next day before we were able to go back and look for "Fluffy" the cat. We were able to contact the manager and notify him of our mistake, fornutaly for us and Fluffy, the manager and his wife are great people who took care of our cat while we turned around and headed back to NC to pick her up! I have to say that anyone who will go out of their way for perfect strangers the way the manager of the Atkinson Inn & Suites in Lumberton, NC did are great people and they take care of their rooms the same way they take care of their customers, with the highest level of pride & professionalism that anyone looking for a good quality nights sleep could ask for.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

Management/Owners were rude!!!! I work PM shift and he came banging on the door in the early am asking if I was leaving so he could clean. Also my company had prepaid for the room but I was then locked out of my room in the snow when I had not paid $10 for my dog the 3rd day - it had to be in cash and would not take a check card.
In addition, the continential breakfast is defined as juice and coffee. The customer is not king or anything else with this hotel.

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

My fiancee and I stayed there the day after Christmas. With snow on the ground and not able to continue North, we picked this place to stay because it was new and had a suite with a nice, warm jacuzzi. The owner is a nice and very funny guy who joked around with us. We had a nice night there. There is a good little store next to the hotel which was very convenient as well. This is a good little place to stop at if you're headed up or down I95.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

We needed a place to stay on our trip up I-95. Found this little gem and will definitely keep in on our list of great places to stay.

It's pet friendly, decently priced, and right off the I-95 north exit. And in the perfect area to break up our drive.

When we found it, we thought it was going to be a ok place to rest and hurry up to get out of in the morning-doesn't look like much from the outside, but once you open the door, it's great. Very nice styling of the rooms, flat screen tv, nice bed. The bed was nice and firm also.

The bathrooms are large but could use some updating.

I wish they had a free breakfast, but there are close by fast food places.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Atkinson Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!