“Excellent service, clean room” 5 of 5 stars

You added Atkinson Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Atkinson Inn & Suites
3003 W. 5th Street, Exit 17 at I-95, Lumberton, NC 28358   |
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Lumberton
“Excellent service, clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The young lady and her mom are really sweet. They greeted me when I came and they made sure I felt at home by asking if I need anythig just call them. The rooms were really nice and clean! The price for my stay for two day were reasonable and I will definitely stay again and suggest this hotel to anyone to stay.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is a family run motel. In a city where the hotel prices can be very low or very high, they are right in the middle, so a good value. We had been on a trip to the north and stayed in many hotels, including national chains that cost more than a hundred dollars a night. Nobody's beds were more comfortable than this small motel. It was conveniently right off the highway, easy on and easy off. We'll stay there again next time through.

Room Tip: This isn't a very big place, and offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms. Make your reservatio...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
atkinsoninn, Owner at Atkinson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your stay with us and hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had the misfortune of having my car break down while driving from Florida to NY at around midnight on a Saturday night. A state trooper told me there won't be a mechanic around until Monday so I figured I'd stay anywhere cheap. I headed to the comfort inn, my credit card got declined due to suspicious activity so while I was trying to call my bank the guy told me to get off his parking in five minutes or he'd call the cops. I limped my car back to Atkinson inn and tried my card there. Long story short I got cash out of the ATM, got a great night's sleep, hot shower in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable. The owners were extremely helpful and attentive. They were genuinely worried about me and tried to help and accommodate any way they could. They even drove me to the bus station. The gas station and convenience store are a few steps away so if you need to pick something up it's 24/7. Nice, safe, clean place with great management.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Lumberton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this motel twice now and each time the staff are very friendly and the room is clean and comfortable. The beds sleep like a dream. I would recommend this motel as other further up 95 are not as nice.

• Stayed June 2014
Shortsville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Do not stay here. I stayed one night on a very long drive from West Palm Beach, Fl to Rochester, NY. Arrived late, front desk young lady was very nice and did mention that they did not offer breakfast as advertised. Which was fine...but it was not until I got into the room that I noticed the rooms are also NOT BRAND NEW as advertised. Very old furniture, Torn and stained lamp shades, walls were dirty and carpet old and stained, Sheets did not fit the bed well. All of that I could have dealt with...UNTIL I woke up in the am for a HOT shower and there was NO hot water. I tried several times for over an hour. Finally I called the front desk. She said OH yes, I called repair man, but he is not coming until later, That was unacceptable since the whole reason for a hotel is a bed and hot shower., I asked for a refund and she was very rude. Said NO, read the contract you signed...NO refunds...and besides, you slept all night in the bed. Needless to say,,,I got no refund or partial refund,..or no apology, I travel often and will not be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
atkinsoninn, Owner at Atkinson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
First of all, we are sorry that you had this experience with our motel. As mentioned before, we do not offer breakfast since we bought this hotel last year. Our furniture are best compared to motel industry standard and rate. Our rooms are neat and clean from all angles which customers really appreciate. Your concern for hot water was genuine however, others customers did not have any complications. We called our company to fix the problem; it was fixed later on the same day. This is like any other business, we are going to have some kind of problem and is fixed as it goes. We didn't expect your behavior to be degraded either, like what you had done to our room! As a result of your checking in, there was damage furniture, torn table,a remote control in a microwave, leave trash in bath tub, Kleenex in toilet, smoked cigarettes or something else in a non-smoking room in addition to a damaged floor lamp. The cost of the repairs of the careless behaviors cost us over $300. Comparing the price of the damages to the coupon rate you paid; it was not reasonable. In your concern for a refund, our policy states that we do not offer a refund prior to checking in after 10 minutes. We are gladly to exchange the rooms if customer is not satisfied. Our intention was not to be rude, but asking for a refund once staying all night is not appropriate.
Newton, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel is not in the best area of town. We suspected that as soon as we saw hotel however our friends that live there confirmed this wasn't a very good area. No other hotels are around - all at Exits 20 & 22. We met some very nice guests that stayed here however it was graduation weekend so we most guests we talked to were in town for graduation. Price of this hotel is very good, which is why we decided to stay there, along with reviews on Trip Advisor. Décor/furniture/items in room were good but room was not as clean as people have raved. We had hair in our bathroom floor that was not ours. We were in smoking room & we had to ask for ashtray. One of our comforters had a cigarette burn. Staff was friendly, very hard to understand on the phone. No coffee makers in room & the 24 hour office did not serve coffee until 7:00 am! I would not stay at this hotel again & I definitely would not stay there by myself.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying there.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wendell, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed here with my spouse for a night. The young woman at the counter was extremely corteous. Her mother, who I am assuming is part owner, was sitting across from her with her dog (they are a pet friendly hotel) and when I gave my last name she knew my first name and began talking to me. I felt like a valued customer, not just another person in a room. She told her daughter to give me a suite when I had only reserved a regular room with a Cal King bed. The room was very nice and clean with marble countertops all through out. I saw a microwave but I don't remember if therr was a mini fridge; it was so late I didn't look.
My original reservation was less than $80 and if you Google the hotel name and coupons you can get an even cheaper rate. Most of the hotels in Lumberton are sketchy, but this one was really nice. It is directly beside a gas station/convenience store and across the road from McDonalds and Ruby Tuesdays right off of I-95.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Atkinson Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!