“NEEDS MAINTENANCE BADLY” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Lumberton
Huntsville, Alabama
“NEEDS MAINTENANCE BADLY”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Typically the Comfort Suites are good products...this one needs a LOT of work however, especially in rooms. A piece of tape to "hjide" the hole caused by door knob, paint missing, chrome worn off......you name it and it's there.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
The Villages, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

bed was comfortable. that's it. everything else was awful. cold water shower, small room.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I travel a lot and have stayed in over 50 hotels a year. I have not experienced such a lack of care and concern for a customer as I have experienced in the Lumberton, NC Comfort Suites.
My door had a malfunctioning door lock. On five different occasions I tried to open the door. Each time I had to go to the front desk to get them to open it. After the fifth trip I asked the front desk to move me to a different room. There were very few cars in the parking lot and the hotel was not full. The front desk clerk called the manager to ask to see if I could change rooms. The manager refused. I checked out of the hotel. I called Choice Hotel Customer Service to file a complaint. I was told the hotel would respond to me in a few days. I think I got the hotels response which was "cram it". I am going to be a repeat visitor to the area on business over the next six months. I will not be staying in the Lumberton, NC Comfort Suites. I am a Choice Privileges elite diamond rewards member. I am not sure I will even continue to use a Choice Hotel at all. Over a broken door lock the hotel and choice hotels will lose a repeat customer. I suggest you stay someplace else also.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Charlottesville, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

--- and the bed was comfortable; that is the best thing that can be said about our stay. The second good thing is that Wi-Fi was free and the connection was good.

10 days earlier we had stayed at a Comfort Suites in Atlanta that was absolutely wonderful, and several months ago, we stayed at one in Nashville that was excellent, so we felt comfortable booking a stay on our way home at Comfort Suites in Lumberton. Mistake. The previous two hotels and this one were quite different.

The Lumberton facility is in the midst of renovations so there was a strong "construction smell" everywhere. Walls in the hallway were in the patching and spackling phase, and our room was an odd mixture of renovated and not renovated. The carpet was old and dirty and actually had holes in it. The heat/AC unit was so loud we could not use it, and I normally can sleep through a freight train's roars.

The bathroom had a new countertop and sink, but the wallpaper was torn and the bathtub was old and stained.

Breakfast? On a Sunday morning, it was already closed when we got downstairs at 9:10 a.m. We had just assumed that breakfast would close at 10:00 a.m. on a Sunday, so that was really our fault for not verifying, but we did think it was unusual. The attendant did not ask if we would like a piece of fruit to take back to our room.

If you plan to stay at this hotel, you might want to be sure renovations have been completed before you make a reservation.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
fayetteville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

I recently stayed in this hotel in the penthouse and i was a fantastic stay, the staff was great even brought me dinner for my birthday while i was there. The recently remodling so a bit messy but understandable....they did not let it stop them from being very cortious and helpful in selecting a place to eat....

• Stayed April 2010
Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

My co-workers and I have been here for almost a week ,on business. Nice rooms. Nice beds. I'm not in love with the pillows. I love that it has a fridge and microwave. The internet access needs a little work. All that is available in the room is an ethernet cord connected to the wall. So much for wireless and it kept cutting off. Also, the breakfast was great. If you don't need a lot of internet access, I would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009 via mobile

Comfort inn lumberton is a great quality hotel with great amenities! The staff was friendly and accommodating. Hotel room was clean, had flat screen, internet service and hot breakfast. Its truly a home away from home.

• Stayed January 2010

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!