“Great hotel...very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 21 hotels in Lumberton
Lawrenceville, NJ
“Great hotel...very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel on our way back from a two week vacation in Florida. The outside-entrance room was very clean and inviting, with ample towels and supplies for our group. The breakfast was delicious with the usual Hampton Inn variety of foods which was plenty for us. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The free internet service was fast and reliable. Although we only stayed for one night, this hotel was one of my favorites of our our entire vacation. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a convenient (right off of I-95) and safe place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Maineville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stopped for 1 night last week while in the area on business. Was booked in to one of the "outside" rooms @$99 for the night. Had colleagues who traveled the night before and were in the internal rooms. Inquired about swapping and it was an extra $10.
Decided it wasn't worth my boss asking why the price was changed and walked down to the block that looks very much like a red roof inn (IE - all room doors in the open air. No elevator to second floor.
Opened the door to the room and was pleasantly surprised. Room recently updated. Had a fridge / microwave. Wireless internet was fast from 4.45pm - 5pm. After that it was virtually unusable.
Air con jumped off and on every 5 minutes which got a trad annoying...
Plenty of eating options within walking distance (although you may encounter beggars - as I did).
Worst part of any Hampton stay is the breakfast. This was no different. Typically average.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Yea its not the newest place I've stayed, but its nicer than the other options I have in the area! Everyone is real friendly I guess thats just Southern hospitality. I have to travel here for business and I always appreciate when the breakfast is included, because I don't eat a lot and hate to have to get a big unhealthy sandwich from a drivethru in the morning, or pay an arm and a leg for a bowl of cereal at some other hotels.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
jolly old brit in america
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

This is a pitiful excuse for hotel. Most of the rooms are accessed from the outside. The rooms are old and smelly, with air conditioners that barely work. When you tell them that something doesn't work (like the door, for instance), they'll make ten million excuses about why it doesn't work, instead of just fixing it. The lazy maids will find any excuse to not make the room. Their favorite excuse is to say that you had your do not disturb sign out, whether it's true or not. And they bug you early in the morning. If you ask them to come back later, they will say ok and then not come back ever, so your room will not be cleaned. And don't bother asking the manager for help. He is downright TOXIC. Nasty, hateful, unhelpful.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
boonsboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

We have car trouble on the way back from the beach and had to spend the night in Lumberton. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Several times, the staff checked to see if we needed anything and even offered to keep the pool open an hour later that normal should our children need to "relax" from sitting in the auto shop for 3 hours while our vehicle was being worked on. We were not used to outside rooms in a Hampton Inn, which the staff understood and appologized and explained that there are plans for updating. The beds were comfortable and the room was nice. Breakfast was good and there was a nice variety. While we did not really want to stay in Lumberton, we were glad that the Hampton Inn was there. I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

We stayed one night at this Hampton Inn while traveling from FL to NJ. It is conveniently located off I-95 and within walking distance to an Outback Steakhouse. The building layout of this Hampton is unlike any other Hampton Inn we have seen. It looks as though it may have been a former Quality Inn or Holiday Inn as one building has rooms with interior hallways, but other buidlings have rooms with exterior entrances. Our room was on the 2nd floor with an exterior room entrance and had no elevator (that we saw). The room appeared to have been recently renovated and the king bed was very comfortable. However, we had reserved a non-smoking room and the room smelled of cigarettes. I mentioned the cigarette smell to the desk clerk upon checkout and all she said was "Oh, OK." The free continental breakfast provided the usual fare of coffee, tea, juice, muffins, and cereal along with some frozen breakfast items that could be microwaved.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Clementon NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

We just came home from a trip to Orlando and we stayed at four hotels on our drive down. This was the first one we stayed at. It was nicely appointed-looked recently renovated. Nice amenities and friendly staff. Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95? Share your experiences!