“great stop on I 95” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Lumberton
jackson, United States
“great stop on I 95”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This hotel is a great stop! nice and clean, pool was refreshing and the staff very was friendly. This stop had a walmart nearby and lots of food options. The breakfast was good and hit the spot. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dan R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful meal. We know breakfast is the most important meal of the day and want to make sure everyone is recharged and ready for the day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Blairstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stopped here while traveling from florida to nj when we first checked in the receptionist said if we didn't want to go out for dinner because we were leaving at 3am to go home that they had to go menus and if we wanted something they would place the order for us and go get the food. We took advantage of this and got a pizza without having to ever leave our room (we had several options to choose from) this is also one of the nicest and cleanest Hampton we have ever staid in, large mini fridge and microwave great staff comfy bed to get a few hours sleep. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We like to hear such wonderful comments and hopefuly next time you'll be able to spend more than just a few hours. Glad you were able to get the rest you needed.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have always felt that Hampton Inns are excellent hotels. This hotel does everything right, starting with a very positive employee focus on attitude. I have filled out surveys for many hotels, and often when price won out, the surveys were negative. It's worth the slight extra price to stay at Hamptons, and this hotel does what it does first class.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dan R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review. It makes me happy to read a review like this as we try very hard to make all of our guest's happy and satisfied.
Beaufort, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Enjoyed our stay. As two women traveling for business we asked for an inside room...the only drawback to that is there is no elevator on site. Clean and nicely decorated rooms. Very tasty breakfast and accommodating staff. Would return.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dan R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments.
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was travelling to Fayetteville, NC on business during this years U.S. Open at Pinehurst. Fayetteville is about an hour away from the golf course but hotel prices in the area where ridiculous! $250 for the cheapest in that area, and just went up from there. The Hampton Inn in Lumberton was only 30 minutes south and pricing was still high, but was manageable. Hotel was nice and staff was very friendly. Check in was extremely quick as I had called ahead and they already had my room key ready and waiting for me. The majority of the rooms have doors to the outside, which I haven't seen since moving from California, so it was nice to be able to walk outside on a very nice night. Hotel has an outside pool, which during my stay was in use and very clean. Situated between the lobby building and the room wing, and even with the kids that where there, you couldn't hear them. There are a multitude of restaurants and other places to eat in the immediate area. Location has plenty of gas stations close by and has quick access to I-95. Fayetteville is 30 minutes north and the South Carolina border is 20 miles south.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dan R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about your recent stay. You mentioned we were pretty much half way between Fayetteville and the SC/NC border, another fun fact is that we are also half way between New York City and Miami.
Gainesville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

On my first night stay, the desk staff gave a key to my room to another party. The other party attempted to enter my room late at night. Thank God, I had used the night chain. When I complained to the manager the next day, he denied knowing how this happened - a obvious lie ! His only compensation was to comp me that night stay. Whoppie! I'm on a business expense account. A comp meant nothing to me. The next day, another desk clerk told me what really happened. She explained that the "other party" had been the guest in my room the night before. They took their belongings but had failed to check out. Apparently, the manager checked them out anyway. The guest returned that night. Of course their key did not work b/c I was in the room. The desk clerk rekeyed their key without checking the computer to verify the name of the occupant with the name of this "returning guest". THIS IS A TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE VIOLATION OF GUEST SECURITY!!! Can you possibly imagine the disaster this desk clerk nearly caused? I am a woman traveling alone when two men attempt to enter my room late at night? That stupid desk clerk had ZERO appreciation for what she did. I was told that she did NOT lose her job. To add insult to injury, on my last night's stay, my key did not work (10:15pm). At the front desk, I asked the clerk to rekey it. I fully expected her to check my ID and the computer for verification on the occupant. She did neither!! When I pointed out her serious mistake she said in a very sarcastic tone, "I know you". Another lie. I had never seen this clerk during my stay. She had no way of knowing that I was actually the guest in that room. After the early violation of security procedures, I was horrified to see that she would AGAIN violate security! If that is not enough to convince reader that this is not a good place to stay, I'll also mention that when I checked in, there was used soap and shampoo in the shower. The ironing board had not been put away and I'm not sure that the sheets were fresh. Yuck!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dan R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone and thank you for posting your feedback about your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies. We take all comments we receive from our guests very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If we can help in any way, please feel free to contact me anytime.
Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here on our way to the US Open golf at Pinehurst. We were a little surprised to see the property is set up more like a motel than a hotel. We normally see Hampton Inn as multi story hotels. These rooms have big windows along the walkway that anyone could have access to the window/door/room. To be honest, we like to have the hotel setting to be more secure.

Our two queen bed room is plenty spacious. The sink area is separate from the shower and toilet. That made getting ready very easy. It also has a small refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioning is fairly noisy. The thermostat was off (set it for 63 to cool to 73), but it worked well otherwise.

The breakfast comes with room rate. The standard continental stuff, waffles, and scrambled eggs with some type of meat. We did enjoy the fresh fruits.

Watch out for the voice level, as conversations can be heard. Occasionally we can hear the I-95 interstate traffic. But it did not keep us awake.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dan R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time ro write a review and share your recent experience with us. We are an older Hampton Inn which falls under the more classic design. In late 2015 however, you will see a brand new multi-story Hampton Inn right across the street.

Been to Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95? Share your experiences!