“Very nice stop over on the way to Florida” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
“Very nice stop over on the way to Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We picked this hotel on our drive from New York to Florida for a one night stop over.
The staff on the front desk was very nice and offered us a room for a special rate after asking. Internet and breakfast was included and everything we needed. There was a small fitness room available and free access to a gym nearby.
The room had a king size bed, flat screen tv, a really quiet air condition (we kept it running the whole night) and everything else was modern and clean... We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fawn Grove, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Great place to stay while travelling I95 in North Carolina. Very clean rooms, a number of eating establishment in walking distance and easy on and off the interstate.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Fort Drum, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is our favorite hotel stop on our trips from NY to Fl. The hotel staff is extra helpful and friendly. The breakfast is awesome and changes often. Always fresh fruit and cookies and coffee. The rooms are clean and comfy. We also enjoy this hotel because it is in walking distance of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is an older motel made to look like a Hampton Inn. There is just something about outside corridors that I don't like and I made my reservationj over the phone with my AAA agent and didn't ask. Then early in the morning, the garbage pickup came and woke me up : ( There is a small outdoor pool which we enjoyed. The weirdedst part is there are 2 floors and no elevator. Go figure. The bellman was very helpful, but with an elevator I wouldn't need a bellman.

Room Tip: Ask for inside room if there are any on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lexington Park, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The hotel was a good night’s sleep after a long day of driving. My husband and I checked in at 10:30pm & had to wait 30 minutes in line. There was a party of 20+ checking in without reservations & the hotel only had 1 staff member accommodating everyone. After 30 minutes of waiting the staff member asked us if we had a reservation. We did & she bumped us to the front of the line, smooth sailing after that process was completed. In regards to the hotel, the only thing I wasn’t crazy about was that the rooms were accessed by the outside. Overall, the rooms were clean & the beds were cozy. We wanted to try the breakfast in the morning but the seating was extremely limited & completely full. We waited for about 10-15 minutes, but the other guests weren’t in any hurry to leave. The breakfast did smell great though!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We checked in for a night only to learn that we had a room on the second floor with no elevator. This is the first Hampton Inn that we've reserved that didn't have an elevator. The desk clerk quickly made a change for us and gave us a room on the first floor. Other than that, everything was fine, like a typical Hampton Inn. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, and we had free Wi-Fi. Free breakfast and service were great. I'd give it 5 stars if it had an elevator.

Room Tip: If you are unable to use stairs, reserve a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Pompano Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The location is the best part of this hotel - it's a great halfway point between the Northeast and Florida. We met a number of people at breakfast either from Florida or on their way to it. We found the rooms to be clean, beds were comfortable, and it was quiet. We had an exterior room, so I'm not sure if it's worth any "upgrade" to an interior room. Another reviewer brings up a good point, this doesn't seem to have been built as a Hampton Inn, but they have done the best they can with the exterior hallways layout. Overall, a good place to stay for the night during an I-95 roadtrip.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Lumberton-I-95? Share your experiences!