“Good price” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lumberton
“Good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

After a very long day on the road this was a nice place for my family and I to rest. Denny's off of the lobby and a huge Walmart across the street for resupply (Starbucks at this exit was a bonus). Good beds for us, quiet rooms. One draw back was the parking lot. A little dicey, would have liked to have seen better lighting and maybe cameras. Found pills in our roll away cot and brought it to front desk. They were surprised and call us back to assure us that they weren't narcotic, that was nice

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear David C we appreciate that you have taken the time to write this review and we are a family friendly hotel with ammenties to fit the needs of the family. Any problems that you may have experienced while here so certainly do apologize for that. We would love for you to stay with us again.
Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I have to say that the location of this hotel is great. I just need to mention after a long 9 hour car ride looking for help and my room key is not what a person desires at 4am. I guess a camera would be beneficial because I was two seconds from going next door to find a room. A nice gentlemen from Denny's called a ladies name really loud and she appeared finally. I really enjoyed my stay otherwise and I thought a breavement discount was noted but I received no discount. The Hotel is clean and cozy. I will stay here again. Good job guys and the night clerk should check the counter frequently.

• Stayed February 2014
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Whokows,
I am glad you chose to stay with us to begin with and that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.
S. Arp
Baltimore, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Let's run down what I can recall from a recent stay:

Location: pretty good. Right off I-95. walking distance to Outback and a couple other decent places to eat.. Starbucks nearby. Denny's connected to hotel.

Check-in: Slow. A lot of contractors and railroad people piled in the lobby checking in. Took a while to get room keys and get to my room.

Grounds: Well kept outside.. Well lit parking lot, even though i did get approached by one of those trolls complaining of car trouble and a myriad of health issues and asking for a few bucks to help her get home. When I turned her down she jumped in her "broke down" car and drove away real fast. Go figure. Shame these people have to invade personal space with their nonsense.

I digress..

Room: This is a tough one. Because the bed was comfy and I love the fact that they tag the pillows with "firm" and "soft". That is outstanding for a guy like me who needs a firm pillow to sleep. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was spacious and the shower had great hot water and good pressure. The TV was newer flat screen.. However, and this is a huge problem. That wall heating/cooling unit sounded about as loud as one of the freight trains that roll through Lumberton every day, To make matters worse, I turned the thing completely off (without unplugging it) and it kicked on by itself and blew loud forced air every few minutes all night. I wish I could have uplugged it. It was that loud. And since when does the word "OFF" not mean "OFF!!!".

Also, you can hear TV's coming from the adjacent rooms next to yours. So the walls are a little thin in my opinion.

Overall - tough to score a 4 with the industrial strength fan/blower in the wall unit. I guess I could go 3.5 but that's not an option.

So.. decent place to stay.. just be prepared for a noisy wall unit that is impossible to turn off..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Ravenboy
We do appreciate your review and that you found most things satisfactory. We do not allow vagrency on the premises and call the police if that occurs and is borught to our attention. Sometimes other guest may play their televisions extremely loud and when one of our guest has a problem and it is brougth to our attention we make every effort to fix it because our goal is always 100% guest satisfaction. Once again we thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write this review and hope you will stay again soon.
Palm Bay, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during New Years. The hotel is convenient to the expressway with a lot of eateries close by. The staff was welcoming and courteous. It is apparent that the hotel is older and in much need of some refurbishing. Areas important to me include the bathroom areas. Our shower had yellowing from age although appeared clean-just a turn off. Not sure why but we had multiple pillows that were sized like toss pillows. For what we needed this hotel served the purpose but staying here again would probably not happen. Denny's is accessed from the hotel lobby and as Priority Club members we were given coupons. Nothing extremely bad but not a place we'd re-visit. Upon pulling up to the hotel a person (?homeless) in the parking lot made a point to check the garbage can to see what my husband threw into it. He then walked in the parking lot area approaching people for money. This did not sit well and our concern was for our vehicle left in the parking lot. Yes we will not be back.

Room Tip: Commented on spa but have no idea if one exists at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear JanM
Thank you for your candid review. We are glad you chose to stay with us and hope that you will again. Keeping our property clean, comfortable, safe and up to date is our first prority. So reviews are helpful in our effort to do so. Once again thank you and hoe to see you again.
Metuchen, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Overnight stay on the way to Florida. Bed was perfect for me. Too soft for my husband. Like the selection of firm and soft pillows on the bed. Kids eat free is not really plural, since it only gives you credit for one kid. The restaurant in the hotel was a Denny's. It was fine for breakfast.

Stayed December 2013
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Lauraw868, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Our beds are are new and we get many complinets on the comfort of them very frequently. The Denny's cupon is for up to four children on one. I do apoligize for the misunderstanding about that. Hope to see you at our property again soon.
Management and Staff
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Good property with easy access right off I-95. Our room was spotless, as was the bathroom. The shower curtain was clean, but falling apart at the shower rod grommets; it still did the job! The bed was quite firm(perfect for us!) and gave us an excellent night's sleep. With Denny's adjacent to the HI, it was very convenient for dinner and breakfast to walk through the lobby to the restaurant without having to go outside in the cold temps.!
CON: The TV remote was FILTHY with caked on....????

Room Tip: Request a room in the back away from the interstate noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Sarasota_Gal, we are very pleased that you stayed with us and we also pleased you took time to write this review. We are never satisfied when we find a guest has found that something was not to thier satisfaction and we will take all the neccessary steps to correct what displeased you. Please stay with us again when you are in this area.
J. Jackson Front desk
Augusta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with our stay at this hotel! Felt very unsafe with the surrounding neighborhood, the hallway that our room was located in had a horrible odor which was also in the bedding & the sheets felt worn and old! Will not be staying here again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
StevenGeneralManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Lumberton, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Reneef
We would like to first thank you for choosing to stay with us at Holiday Inn North and appreciate your candidness. We are located in an area where we have Hampton Inn and Comfort Suites right next door as well as the Outback SteakHouse behind and Ruby Tuesday, texas SteakHouse, Smithfield Bar-B-Cue,Zaxby's, Starbucks to name a few and our newest addition IHOP, plus Denny's on site. We do spend $1000.'s a month on linens to ensure our linens are always fresh. Our housekeepiong and maintenance teams work hard daily to keep the property fresh and clean.
Staff and Management

Travelers are raving about these Lumberton hotels

Been to Holiday Inn Lumberton? Share your experiences!