“Traveling and stopped in” 2 of 5 stars

704-888-1460
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Locust
Concord, North Carolina
“Traveling and stopped in”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Traveling and took a suggestion and stopped in to try. The restaurant is nice, clean and presents the appearance of the old general store. I had not read other reviews so didn't know what to expect, but I was concerned with the taste of the meal. I had the meatloaf, and my wife got the keisch and salad. The sauce was not as expected and the meat was not the flavor I had hoped for. The vegetables and cornbread were good and service was best you could ask for. My wife 's meal was also bland tasting.

For desert, we had pecan pie and blackberry cobbler. The pecans had a stale taste to them, but the cobbler was very good, Others reviews had high praise, so maybe I should have ordered something else. I will give them a second try in the future but today was not so good. Meal cost us $25.00.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Are you for real”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate there once because we had heard so many people say how good it was. Well it may have been good but for the price my bowl of chicken dumplings was so small and I paid way touch for them, I should have went to Cracker Barrel.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Waxhaw, North Carolina
“Family Style Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were a group of 10 famished for lunch after a long hike. The service was efficient and pleasant. Four at my end of the table had salmon burger sandwiches which were tasty, satisfying. We had our coffees refilled so many times we were all humming by the time we left to head back to Charlotte. (I'm jaded in the cream department and would prefer a fresh pitcher rather than those little plastics, but not the end of the world). Lots of goodies for sale up front. Very relaxing. Nice stop along the way.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mint Hill
“Fresh House in Locust NC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Wait time was short for a Friday night. Food was very good. Family style atmosphere. Service was quick and small town friendly. The "ships store" had many items for everyone. Good time, good food, great prices.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

A friend insisted that we give Fresh House a try. It's about 19 miles from our home, so one afternoon we thought it would be a nice drive. From the outside it looks really friendly and stepping inside is the same. You enter into an old country store and will like me see some things that you haven't seen since your childhood. I had the country fried steak with mashed potatoes, black eyed peas with onion and corn bread. Hubby had a sloppy hamburger that had everything but the kitchen sink...even chili. Both were fantastic! Hubby had a homemade apple dumpling with homemade vanilla ice cream that was delish! If you are just out riding and not hungry, stop in and take a look at their homemade bakery items and the daily homemade ice cream choices. You won't be disappointed. All of the staff is super friendly. Just a nice place to slip back in time to the simpler things. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2012