“Blue Ridge Mountains Stopover” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alpine Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Switzerland
Alpine Inn
You added Alpine Inn to your Saves list
8576 Highway 226A, Little Switzerland, NC 28749   |
Philadelphia
“Blue Ridge Mountains Stopover”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Alpine Inn in Little Switzerland NC for just one night on our way to Asheville NC to visit the Biltmore Estate. The Alpine Inn is conviently located just off the Blue Ridge Parkway at the exit for NC 226A. Upon our evening arrival, we were warmly greeted by inkeepers Ron and Susan Lough. Our room was similar to what we found at the Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone National Park. It was comfortable, clean, and quiet. We slept well that night. The next morning we ate breakfast at their lovely outdoor patio which has a breathtaking view of the valley below and the neighboring mountains. The atmosphere of the Alpine Inn and its nearby shops is just amazing. I felt like I went back in time to a bygone era. I highly recommend the Alpine Inn and the town of Little Switzerland.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We called on a whim that there might be a room available. They just had a cancelation, so we took it. Best decision made in a long time. Clean room, wonderful, peaceful views and great hospitality from Susan and Ron. Left the windows open and had the best sleep on a very comfortable bed. We will absolutely go back for our next getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
nichols, sc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family and I recently had a quick weekend trip to the mountains. My husband has been wanting to stay at Alpine Inn, so this trip, we did. We had a fantastic time! It was such a wonderful experience with our family to "unplug." Our son, eight, didn't even miss cartoons and my husband didn't miss ESPN. Susan and Ron were super hosts. They both make you feel so welcome and like you've always been friends with them. I can't say enough about the breathtaking scenery. We stayed in a balcony room, Rm 7. The view was just beautiful, you really do have to see it to understand the true beauty. We will definitely visit Alpine again! If you visit, make sure to have lunch at the Little Switzerland Café, so yummy.

Room Tip: balcony room or mountain suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bailey, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

If you want excellent hospitality, the best of the best mountain views, fair prices, 1950,s charm
and to be away from all the tourist then this is for you. It was a very clean and excellent place to stay.
If you want the tourist trap and spa, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed here 32 years ago while driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Stayed the night and woke up to a wonderful view of the mountains. While taking a drive to Little Switzerland last week just to eat lunch, I said to my friend, I wonder if the Alpine Inn is still as sweet as it was 32yrs ago. New owners, very friendly, and still there with great views. I was excited to see it again. Don't stay here if you are looking for a TV, don't need on if you love the views of the wonderful Blue Ridge Mountains....That is TV enough for me.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Max meadows va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Had the opportunity to stay at alpine inn. I had to convince my wife to go, no TV,no phone, and no ac. Great decision. The weather did not cooperate. Did get to see some great views between storms. Watched several firework displays in valleys below. Really nice from balcony. Woke to birds signing. Owners made a great breakfast. I am a meat potatoes guy, and still enjoyed it. My 4 year old ate the bread and granola. Loved it. They very kind to her, she wanted to stay longer. If you need to unplug,unwind,and get away from the stress of life for a little while reccomend a stay here. The room was clean, and good hot water pressure. Thought we were gonna have to turn heat on(July 4th) thats why there is no AC.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Thank you Susan n Ron for making our trip back here another memorable one. A view to die for from the balcony. Breakfast hearty n healthy. So quiet. Lots of beautiful birds. Ron n Susan are the most wonderful hosts and nothing is too much trouble. Definitely the place to stay on the Ridge.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. For people with walking difficulties ask for a room on the level
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!