“Days Inn / Bates Motel 2009!” 1 of 5 stars

Days Inn Lincolnton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   614 Clark Dr, Lincolnton, NC 28092   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lincolnton
Wichita, KS
“Days Inn / Bates Motel 2009!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

I am sorry to say that I did not read the reviews for this motel - If I had, we would NEVER have stayed here! The carpet was filthy, my feet were black from walking barefoot from the bathroom to the door! The first thing we noticed was an ashtray on the table of our NON smoking room. To get extra towels for a shower in the morning, we had to turn in our used ones. Half of the lights didn't work in the room, but I guess that was so we couldn't see the filth! The ceiling was moldy in places, as were some spots on some of the walls and grout. The telephone did not work. The WiFi did not work. The remote for the tv was broken. House keeping started beating on our door before 8am, no chance for rest there! Breakfast was interesting also - the waffle maker didn't look like it'd ever been properly maintained (cleaned), the waffles stuck. I asked for spray, he gave it a little spritz, and quickly put the can away. I watched him fill the "Kellogg's" cereal decanter with boxed cereal from "Aldi" grocery store, not Kelloggs! The "Folgers" coffee air pot was filled with Aldi coffee. The "Minute Maid" orange and apple juices were also by Aldi, as was the bread, tea bags, syrup, etc. I would think this would be copyright infringement...? Not to mention false advertising! There was a sign in our room that had a mission type statement on it, it was rather laughable as well... "As a guest you can expect warm hospitality and clean, comfortable rooms where everything works, to make your stay trouble-free and enjoyable....." Now THAT was laughable! I had thought that Days Inn's had a higher standard. My husband and I have stayed in several Days Inn's and had a great experience. I will be contacting Day's Inn corporate, as well as Wyndham since they're part of the Wyndham family of hotels.

As a rule, I always go to the room and check it out - this time I made our reservation online to save 15%. I will remember from now on to check the room out - regardless! The reason that we stayed at this particular motel was that it had parking for our 18 wheeler.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

Very decent hotel for the rate. Had a clean very comfortable bed the room was nice, Breakfast was good there's more than enough to get your day started. Frontdesk very helpful. Thanks to you all for the nice stay. Like i promised i'll be back!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Grasonville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

We spent the night here while visiting friends. There are only 2 motels in town and the other was $25 more expediting a dump but only looking for a bed, I was surprised to see a reasonably clean motel. We arrive amidst a mattress refresh and slept on a brand new bed!. Breakfast was basic but the waffle machine was tops!

Only con was a worn out faucet in the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

I was totally disapointed in this motel. My non smoking room had burn holes in the toliet seat,blankets and on the carpet. Speaking of carpet it was so dirty if you were barefoot your feet turned black. The bathroom has tile walls and there was mold growing in the grout,when i tryed to give my chidren a bath the paint in the tub was coming off into the water. The mini fridge was broken,the light over the vanity was out,the remote control broken. We were suppose to stay a week but checked out early and found a better place.
I would never reccomend this place to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Days Inn Lincolnton? Share your experiences!