“I was very pleased!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Salisbury, North Carolina
“I was very pleased!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had a little spitfire of a waitress named Lois who was really fast at getting everything done and thinking out what we would need in advance, was great with the three children we had with us. The restaurant was very clean. The food was wonderful and the portions were huge. It was more than I could eat in one sitting. I would recommend it and will definitely be going back. For 2 adults and three children the total bill with dinners and drinks (soft drinks) was under $40 and we all left very full. While it is a little drive from the interstate, well worth it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Welcome, North Carolina, United States
“good seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

not the best but to be the closest to home it is really good.shrimp and whitefish my favorite.and love the hushpuppies

Visited February 2013
“Don't waste your time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This place is terrible.Staff are rude and managment totally sucks.Not clean, greasy food, terrible service.Very disappointed in how downhill this restraunt has went! Go to Skipper's way better quality food and staff is clean!!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, North Carolina
“Good Seafood in middle of state”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

God calabash style seafood with very friendly service. I have been here many times and the food is very consistent.

Visited January 2013
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Good fried seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

We took my father to Captain Steven's for his birthday for lunch on Jan. 29, 2012. The Sunday lunch crowd was large whch speaks says a lot about a restaurant. Our party of 11 waited a short while to be seated. The food was good, but not great. The service was very good. We dine on fried oysters, shrimp, flounder, scallops & deviled crab. As discussed by our group, the flounder was the best of the seafood items. It was lightly battered, fresh & flavorful. The shrimp were good, but the batter was heavy. The oysters & scallops were better than the shrimp, but not as good as the flounder. The portions leaned in favor of the popcorn shrimp which is typical. I did feel the portion of flounder on my 3 item combo was small compared to similar restaurants. One neagtive point: I thought the seafood could have been warmer. It wasn't cold, but it wasn't hot.

The sides were good (fries & baked potatoes). I chose a side salad over cole slaw. It was very basic with a very good home-made ranch dressing. The tea was excellent. The cocktail & tarter sauces were very good & appeared to be home-made. The atmosphere was much like "ole fashioned" seafood restaurants which I consider a positive. It was one large open room with an aquarium in the middle. Our group was happy, but as mentioned above there were a few things that could have been improved. I would visit the restaurant again.

• Visited January 2012