“Nice time” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Lexington, North Carolina
“Nice time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I love their brisket, very good and large portion sizes reminds of Texas BBQ. Ribs are great, falling off the bones. Family friendly and nice atmosphere. Would recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lexington nc
“Good food! Rude people”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I left unhappy, not allowed back! I had a server threaten me in the bathroom cause she doesn't like me,an told the manger about it an she told me not to come back. I didnt nor say anything wrong.. Just cause my ex works there I'm not allowed there? That's some bull crap!! So the wife manger sucks! An has a bad attitude!! I went to her about a problem an I am told it was a conflict, an I don't need to come there again! An I didn't do a dang thing but eat an pay for my food but was threaten in the bathroom!! So think twice about eating there!! Btw I'm pregnant at that!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LEXINGTON
“Lexington Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We've been wanting to try Sweet Pea's since it opened but just got to it last weekend. I wish we had come sooner! The decor is not much changed from the previous restaurant and not fancy. They have a pretty wide menu to choose from. I got the brisket which was fabulous! My husband got the ribs which he said were too fatty and he did not enjoy them. All the sides we had were good. The service was great! Our waitress was friendly and attentive. The whole staff was hustling. We will definitely return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
High Point
“Just average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Decided to check out this place the other night and felt like they are still looking for their niche. Do they want to be a family restaurant or an upscale restaurant ? They sell beer & wine but no mixed drinks. We ordered the grilled salmon and the brisket sliders. The sliders were just so-so, nothing great and brisket is suppose to be their specialty. The salmon was unusual. First of all, I have only been offered salmon cooked rare, medium or well done in 2 restaurants and they both were in Lexington. Very strange !! I have ordered salmon dozens & dozens of times all over the country and no where else have I ever been asked if I want my salmon rare, medium or well done. They also brought a rather large bowl of melted butter on the plate, it was enough butter for 7-8 orders of salmon. Other than the butter the salmon was not seasoned any. We also ordered dessert which was a cake with strawberry and chocolate icing, which was a little dry.
The wait staff were very good at their job, but the food was not anything special at all. I also have to mention that the hardwood floor was very slick, not sure if it was grease or what but it was very tricky walking on the floor.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great family fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Our family went to Lexington last night for dinner. We did not want BBQ so I googled and found Sweet Peas. First thing noticed was a wall in the front that was a blackboard where children were drawing. The next thing was the unbelievable desserts--all homemade. Our server, Dawn, was one of the best any of us have ever had! Made great suggestions (the brisket, chicken fried chicken and the dessert). She was very attentive, funny and friendly. That sort of service makes you want to call this place our every Saturday night hangout........which we plan to do! Don't leave without dessert.

Visited July 2013