The Childress Suite at HIE at the Vineyards is incredibly appointed - full kitchen if you want to stay in and relax or an easy drive to local favorite food (Lexington-style bar b q and a must try is Dion's - voted #1 in the area); a jacuzzi tub to relax away, 2 entrances to the private balcony from the suite, and a private fireplace for cool evenings.
HIE offers an indoor pool with a great bay of windows to nap in the sun after your swim; exercise room to work off the complimentary breakfast which was filling - biscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs and pancakes, in addition to the usual Continental fare. The Childress Suite balcony looks out over the rolling hills of Childress Vineyards - an easy walk or few minutes of driving to the parking lot - great views at sunrise or sunset.
The staff represent quintessential southern hospitality from the front desk and management to the folks who keep the place spotlessly cleaned - everyone was well-versed on local attractions - DIon's, Uptown Grill, Sweet Pea's and all the bar b q hot spots. Boone Cave Park (if you enjoy walking trails with some history), Native Vines Wine (the 1st Native American vineyard in the US with excellent wines), Childress Vineyards (exceptional grounds and atmosphere) and all the Uptown (downtown) Lexington sights are within in a few minutes drive/walk. Pigs in the City walk tour is must - you must meet Higgins the Bellhog in HIE lobby! Everyone at HIE was ready to serve, give directions, answer questions, etc.
The hotel is quiet, private and close to so many little getaways. This is the perfect couples escape/retreat with every modern amenity at your fingertips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Lexington, NC Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Our new hotel in Lexington, NC is conveniently located near the Greensboro International Airport and is just off Hwy 64. We are also within easy driving distance of Childress Vineyards, the uptown historic district and the Bob Timberlake Gallery. Families will enjoy our Lexington, NC accommodations, which provide quick access to area attractions including the Lowes Motor Speedway, High Rock Lake and Denton Farm Park. If shopping is your preference, stop by the Shops at Vineyard Crossing, located across the street from our Lexington hotel, or check out the many antique shops in uptown Lexington. From hikers to racing fans, there's something here for everyone. The Lexington, NC Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites offers premium amenities and an ideal location near business attractions such as Billings Freight System, Kimberly Clark, Moll Industries and Diebold. Take advantage of our 750 square foot meeting space to hold your next event at our hotel in Lexington, NC. During your stay at the Lexington, NC Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites , enjoy the heated indoor pool and 24-hour Fitness Center. You can wake up to a complimentary hot breakfast bar, which features our signature cinnamon rolls. Book your reservation today to take advantage of our excellent Lexington, NC hotel deals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites @ the Vineyards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites @ The Vineyards Hotel Lexington
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites @ The Vineyards