“Doesn't Measure up to Potential!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lexington
Columbia, South Carolina
“Doesn't Measure up to Potential!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

A nice setting for a hotel in the midst of a beautiful winery. HOWEVER, the hotel common areas need more thorough and frequent cleaning. The complimentary breakfast was a sham. No fresh fruit--not even a banana for cereal. Coffee was out and I had to look for staff. The pancake machine needed reloading. Sausage patties were a strange texture. Room and bed were fine. For $120, you would expect a premium budget hotel to do better.

lxnus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites @ the Vineyards, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to do a review - we appreciate your comments and concerns. It is with these that we can make the necessary improvements needed to ensure that we delivery the service that is expected to our valued guests.
I apologize that the hotel was not to the standard that you expected and paid for and will work on staff training and making sure that we meet your expectations.
I hope that if you are in the area again you will give us the opportunity to show you that our guests are very important to us and that we have pride in the hotel.
Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Check in is supposed to be at 4 o'clock. As of 4:30 no rooms were available for us and we needed to be able to get changed and be at a function by 5:30. Front desk clerk could not give us a time the rooms would be ready. Only said that it had been a busy weekend and that she couldn't contact the cleaning staff about it because they get stressed out. After seeing a couple of them I agree, they are stressed out. Seems to me management needs to hire more cleaning staff. The bathroom in the lobby was very messy and obviously way overdue for a cleaning. What is the point to advertise a check-in time if you can't count on it. Went to another hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
lxnus, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites @ the Vineyards, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for the hotel. I apologize that you did not receive the service that we pride ourselves on. I have taken your comments and we are in the process of hiring more housekeeping staff and also doing some more training with thise that are on board already. We always strive to meet all guests requests etc and unfortunately on this occassion failed miserably.
I hope that if you are in the area again that you will contact me so that I can ensure that we meet all of your expectations. Thank you again.
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel before as it is within walking distance of the Winery. Hotel is very nice. Room was very clean. Bed was great. I 85 was very close but we could not hear the traffic. Would stay there again Everyone very friendly. Breakfast bar was good. Our only thing was that we stayed on the 3rd floor and whoever was above us did alot of walking or maybe exercise. We would stay there again. Make sure you go in town and eat at Christo's. Very good pizza and it is a buffet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate all comments. I am so glad to hear that you had a great stay with us - we strive to give exceptional service.
I hope that if you are in the area again you will stay with us again - your home away from home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed twice in on week and the staff remembered me the second time I checked in. Front desk staff was great and very friendly. There is not much around the hotel but the ability to take long walks through the vineyard in the evenings made up for having to drive a bit for restaurants. Would definetly stay there again, may be my favorite Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the hotel. We sincerley appreciate all comments. I am glad to hear that you loved the hotel, we strive for exceptional service. I hope next time you are in the area that you choose us again as your home away from home thanks
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed here for a religious convention. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were neat and tidy. I would like to come back and tour the winery. If we do come back, I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites @ the Vineyards, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
We appreciate the kind words - we do have a great location with the winery adjacent to us - I hope next time you are in the area that we can again be your home away from home and that you get to enjoy all the area has to offer - thank you
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

recently I stayed at this hotel, and for the 1st 3 days things went well, very satisfied. Starting sunday, did not have enough towels, trash still in room, need toilet paper, the tub had not been cleaned, the floor had not been vacuum, and I thought hotels change beds on longer stays then 2 night on the 3rd night, but I understand from one of the house keepers that they change it on an i individual 4th night of stay. My sister and I stayed for 5 nights. On June 25th, the house keeper spoke with me, and I told her about the room, and she informed me that she would inform the desk. She assured me that she would make sure everything was as it should be. She was not the young lady that work the day before. Each day were there we left a tip for the housekeeper, and the least whomever it was, could have prepared the room properly. It was very upsetting to both of us. Holiday Inn Express is a wonderful place to stay, but the action of one person really changed my thoughts about my stay. I have all respect for your staff as most of them were very kind, showed outstanding customer service, and should be commented. But whomever was suppose to take care of room 105 on Sunday June 24, perhaps someone needs to show her once again how to properly clean a room. If I could take back my tip, I would have. Will I stay at your hotel again, perhaps so, as I would not want to put such like on all hotel housekeeping service. Thank All in all your hotel would get an excellent rating from us, except for that incident. thank you for reading this.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites @ the Vineyards, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you for making us aware of the problems with the housekeeping department during your stay - I apologize that the standard was not what we deliver on a normal basis. I have personally spoken with the housekeeping department and have also undertaken some extra training with them.
I appreciate your honesty, it helps my team and I strive for better. We do pride ourselves on great service that guests love.
I do hope that if you are in the area again that you will choose us as your home away from home and see that Southern Hospitality is what we are all about and the we value every guest.
Thank you again for your review it is truly appreciated.
Cumming, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We are staying at this incredible hotel. From the vineyard views to the hospitable front desk staff (like Rachel) we immediately felt right at home. The hotel is only a few years old, and everything feels brand new. The quality of this Holiday Inn far surpasses ANY Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. As Priority Club members with Holiday Inn, we found our name on a welcome board in the lobby-that was such a wonderful personal touch! The pool looks clean, and I'll probably use it tomorrow. The beds are more than comfy. The soaps, shampoos, lotions, and mouthwash were all stocked in our bathroom. In the room, there is a real thermostat, and the AC unit worked perfectly. There is a flat screen TV, an office space and a fridge/micro in our room. There is a real closet in the room-with a door! (I know! Hard to believe, most hotels just have a bar across a space in the room-NOT here! Our room butts up to the elevator, and I felt a little nervous thinking it may be a problem, but honestly, I don't hear a thing. About a half mile away is a Food Lion Grocery store, and an amazing Italian restaurant named Bella Italia with a cook/owner from Naples and that food is phenomental! Fresh, Clean, updated, amzing views and Free internet, free breakfast, free parking-I mean, really, this is a no-brainer!

Room Tip: Ask for the amazing Vineyard view! Try room 416-the room we are in!