“Crazy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of American Motel

American Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lenoir
American Motel
Save Saved
You added American Motel to your Saves list
350 Wilkesboro Blvd., Lenoir, NC 28645 (Formerly Jameson Inn Lenoir)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
“Crazy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the American once before in the summer of last year and early in the morning when i was still sleeping an Indian lady came into my room and when i woke up she ran out i was completely terrified! I said i would never return but the service at the front is nice and well mannered and assured me nothing like that would happen again...so i came back for a two day stay this past week and i was taking a nap with my DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door the same Indian lady tries to come in but this time i had my chain on the door so she couldn't enter. I've never been to another hotel where they didn't at least knock first to try to enter the room! This situation is absolutely crazy! Im just in disbelief of her manners as an employee at a hotel. I don't feel safe to spend the night or leave thinking someone may come in and go thru my things. needless to say i will not be returning or stay the night that i had already paid for! I will be telling my friends and family who live in the area to beware of the American Hotel!!

• Stayed July 2014

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Graham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel, my children and I were in town for a wedding. I was highly disappointed in the accommodations, I've had more appealing stays for $29.99 at the Motel 6. First, whoever was responsible for cleaning the room after the previous occupant left Cheetos alongside the bed closest to the wall. I would have assumed my children simply dropped a snack if we had actually brought any food into the room that evening. It wasn't until the next morning I noticed the dark spots staining the carpet near the bathroom as well as the light splatters of red along the bathtub wall and shower curtain. I am hoping those are the result of a former occupant who decided to dye her hair a dark red and not the result of some sort of previous bloodshed. The fact that the shower curtain has an extremely faded logo from an entirely different hotel is almost comical, but in reality is just a show to how little someone cares about the details of their hotel. I believe you can still get shower curtains at Dollar Tree for $1 each, and they would appear much cleaner. The coating around the shower rod has deteriorated so much that the rod was rusted and therefore I absolutely could not hang my towel there while showering. In addition to all these things there were broken floor tiles around the toilet and I felt compelled to make sure the floor mat was placed over these before allowing my toddler to use the potty for fear she would cut her foot.

In addition to all these things, the offered continental breakfast was like none other I have ever seen. It is completely unsanitary to provide one container of cream cheese to be used between all guests, who knows if someones child scoops the contents out with their hands before putting it back. There were no offerings of even poor quality fruit which I believe is standard among even low quality hotel chains. The orange juice offered was like a horrible knockoff of Tang, I took one sip and felt I was going to be nauseous. There really are no words to describe my level of disbelief and disappointment.

I will say, however, I was beyond pleased with the staff. The gentlemen working during check-in and check-out were extremely friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I drive from Chester to Boone and Bristol forth and back frequently and with that I love spending sunny day playing golf. I also play through CRC club in town and decided to stay at this hotel that is right behind the golf course. I was pleasantly surprised with how quiet this property is. Specially the back side rooms has full view of golf course. Room was equipped with small freeze and microwave. The breakfast room was really big, specious, clean and nice to have few cups of coffee in the morning. I always worry about my car when I stay at hotel but this hotel has plenty of parking around the property with full lighting all night long. I would not hesitate to stay here next time. They also discounted room price without even I asked for. The only thing I didn't like is I wish they had some fruits or morning breakfast. They might been out by the time I went in there and I did not bother to ask front desk as it wasn't a huge deal for me.

Room Tip: If you need really quiet and peaceful room then ask for the room on the back side.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

On our way to Asheville Tn. we were getting tired and decided to get a couple of room for the night and saw this motel. It looked to be well taken care of in the front and the lobby was nice. We checked in only to find that after REALLY looking around things were not as we thought. Hair and feminine products behind toilet and the coffee pot looked like a science experiment inside. The bed was horrible with the boxspring almost flat. Woke up at 2:30 am to slamming doors and pounding on the same. Decided to just get up and read and while lying on top of the bedspread (had my own blanket and pillow and was not getting under theirs) found fleas on me. Told the man at the desk and all he said was I'll tell the maid, like she can fix it. Never again and beware of this place. Probably good if you are on drugs as I think most guests were.

Room Tip: I have none
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was on my way back to my home from Tennessee and I decided to stay over one night at this hotel. I was very please with this hotel. The rate was reasonable after 10% discount that they offered me before even I ask for anything. This place is covered with great parking space all around with no trespassing. The food restaurants were close enough to walk with Dominos is at the next door. Besides the non working TV remote that I had to ask them to replace once, this place is great for the money. Nice place, good people, and I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Front side faces the main road so rooms on the back side with nice golf course view is best to have.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
hudson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

During our labor day long week-end holiday we decided to stay in Lenoir instead of Boone or Hickory. We stayed at this hotel and we really enjoyed staying here for 3 days. To our surprise this hotel keeps the same rate year around while other hotels bump their rates during peak time. Breakfast was limited but they have really nice breakfast area. I am all about food and this hotel is close to all major restaurants. Wi-Fi worked much better and plenty of parking space to park our truck and trailer. For the price this place is much better than other expensive ones.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Germantown, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We came to this town with my DH with our two kids and we were looking for week-end stay. Knowing nothing about this hotel we decided to give it a try just because of my DH liked the location. The rate was reasonable and we were charged $54 plus tax per room. We liked the room except for the fact that the AC was making loud noise occasionally. The front lobby was spacious and my kids enjoyed playing there while they're having breakfast. The hotel is surrounded with full of lights and plenty of parking space. Overall we were pleased with this place.

Room Tip: Back side rooms with nice golf course view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to American Motel? Share your experiences!