“worst DUMP ever!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lenoir
Bethel,NC
“worst DUMP ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels on the road but this one was one of the worst ever! My husband booked the room as part of a conference deal & regretfully we did not check the ratings ....bad mistake! The beds were hard & lumpy & just plain old and worn out....the room smelled bad...the hair dryer did not work....the bedspread had huge burn holes & torn spots in them...the whole place is just plain ratty!!! The only positive thing about the place was the helpful lady at the front desk...I just hope we did not bring any bedbugs home.....obviously the owners need a wake-up call concerning the rundown state of their property.....a complete renovation is definitely badly needed....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel needs sprucing up. When registering, the staff was friendly, but not dressed professionally. They wore wrinkled plain Tee-shirts and nothing about them reflected that they were an employee. The lobby looked nice enough, but you could see that the furniture was dated. Our room needed a serious updating. The wall paper was peeling off the wall on the edges, our toilet dispenser was rusted, the bathroom just looked aged. We could tell how tall the cleaning lady was from the arc that was on the mirrored wall. We did not have any tissues placed in our room for three days. After I went to the front desk to see if I can get some tissues, I was handed two toilet paper rolls and was told that they did not have any tissues. I did inspect the room for bedbugs and any crawling critters. On a positive note, I never saw anything. When trying the soda machine, almost every soda dispenser was empty. This hotel looks like it was nice in it's day, but it's day has passed. I hope that the owner reads these reviews, take them to heart, and upgrades his facility. With some TLC it can be a good establishment again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Deltona, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I can put up with a lot. Even some high prices or bad customer service, but BUGS? Manager at desk said the bug, I found on the shower head, was a stink bug. They are bad this year. She made it sound like it was normal. Some previous reviewers are correct. Beds are old and hard, mine was somewhat lopsided. So don't stay here unless you are just really pressed for cash.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

These is by far the worst hotel I have ever in my life stayed at. In one word to sum up this hotel is a DUMP! The staff are rude, the beds are hard as a bricks, and the rooms smell awful! I had a large group to stay there and we had 3 rooms altogether, not a one of them were clean and didn't smell bad! There was also bugs in every room. If I had the option to stay there or sleep in my car, I would definitely chose my car! We were suppose to stay for two nights but I left after the first night! DON'T STAY THERE!

• Stayed October 2012
LENOIR
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I booked the banquet hall for a wedding and signed a contract for use of bar. The manager refused to allow services due to trouble with parties and police. Management refuses to reimburse deposit which puys them on breech of contract. Management customer service sucks even when you can find het ay the office.

• Stayed September 2012
Lenoir, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

After reading reviews, I came into town needing a place for a week or so. They had the best rate, best pool area, friendly staff and I am very glad i stopped. The bed is so comfortable! First decent sleep into weeks, due to a military move.

• Stayed August 2012
Orlando, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I had called around before choosing this place. Let me tell you -- it is the cheapest for a reason. My son and I have severe allergies and asthma, and requested a non-smoking room. When we walked in -- we were greeted by the stench of cigarette smoke. And not just like the last person to stay had smoked in the room -- the walls were sticky with nicotine tar, like it had been a smoking room for the last 20 years. Hot water in the sink had to be muscled off to stop the dripping. There were about 10 channels on the TV total. My allergies were so bad due to how horrible the room was, I could not sleep more than an hour or two before having to wake up to get some fresh air!

The beds were exceptionally uncomfortable as well -- one staff member was relatively cordial, another was downright rude. I would suggest finding another place to stay and vote with your feet!

Room Tip: Find another hotel.