“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Leland
Wilmington, United States
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Wonderful place to stay when you are in the southern end of the Wilmington area. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others when visiting this area for business or pleasure. You are close to great restaurants, the ocean, and will thoroughly enjoy the area and hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

zgooden, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Westgate Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback Thomas! We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
draper, ut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The room and bath were clean, a top concern for me. The bed was comfortable, though the pillows were "thicker" than I like. Jake, the guy at the desk, was efficient and friendly. The room was quiet. Breakfast was fine as breakfast buffet's go. The lady in charge of breakfast could have used some help, but she did her best to keep up with the needs of guests. I would stay there again. Oh, price was right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review of our property. We pride ourselves with the cleanliness of the rooms. This is a top priority of the hotel and our guests. Please remember us first when you are in the area again and require a place to stay for the night.
Wilmington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We arrived late in the evening on Friday and stayed 2 nights. Everything was very good except that we had to ask for towels from the front desk. For some reason we were not given clean towels when the room was serviced after the first night. That was a very minimal concern and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments. I do apologize about the mix-up with the towels on the second day. Either a computer glitch or human error, shouldn't have happened. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to my staff providing you excellent service in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hotel in the middle of nowhere outside of Wilmington. You really need a car to stay here (we were on a tour). There are a few shops and eateries within walking distance includling a Walmart. We ate at Eddie Romanelli's which is about 4 sets of traffic lights away and did really good food with excellent service. The room was very clean and spacious with a small kitchenette and the staff very helpful. As we didn't have a car a member of staff drove us in his own car to the restaurant and gave us his number to call for a lift back (we did walk back) which was above and beyond any service you'd expect and much appreciated. The bar could have been better stocked - wine or beer only and the wine wasn't great. However, the breakfast was plentiful, continuously topped up and perfect to get you started for the day. I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jane, thank you for the feedback on our property! We appreciated your tour groups visit. Such a pleasant group to work with. The hotel is about 6 miles from downtown Wilmington, but we do have a few areas as you mentioned to eat and purchase items. That was the front desk manager, Kip, that offered and drove you to the restaurant. Thank you again for the review. Looking forward to your next visit.
Tullahoma, TN, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The first room we were given smelled like three-day-old pee. We requested and were given another room that smelled M-U-C-H better. My ratings are, of course, based upon the second room rather than the first, smelly one!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was on the way to Wilmington for a business trip when disaster struck, my car stopped running on Interstate 40 while only 20 miles from my hotel, the Best Western Plus Westgate Inn & Suites in Leland, NC. After making arrangements with Triple A for a tow truck and a rental car, I called the B-W to advise them I'd be running late for my check-in time. The receptionist who took my call, Mary, was absolutely awesome with assuring me that my room would be held for me and also offered assistance in getting me off the highway and to the hotel, way above and beyond the call of duty in my opinion. Further, she seemed genuinely concerned over my dilemma and expressed her concern on at least three occasions, even remembering my name. As for the hotel, it was immaculate, and my room was spacious and comfortable with all the amenities you could ask for, internet access, tidy little kitchen, state of the art TV, super comfortable bed, etc. The breakfast bar featured good food and the attendant busied herself with keeping everything well-stocked. This B-W also features a bar just off the lobby and is a nice touch. This was not my first stay at this hotel and it won't be the last, I would urge anyone visiting the Wilmington area to check out this hotel, I think you'll be pleased...........I was!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor overlooking the front parking lot and it was very quiet, I don't think...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jim M., thank you for taking the time to elaborate on your stay and what brought you to our property. We do not want our guests to have misfortunes happen, but if they do, we are sympathetic as we realize it also could happen to us as well. Mary is a highly valued employee and receives accolades on a daily basis. We are happy you were able to eventually get your vehicle repaired and continued your journey. Again, thank you for the kind review and please visit us again soon.
woodstock, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The facility was new, modern, sleek and very clean as was the room itself. All staff were most hospitable and accommodating. The room design was well thought out in that the t.v. was in the middle and could swivel toward the living room area or the bedroom. Internet access was great. The small kitchen amenities worked well and the complimentary coffees were appreciated. The closet space was more than adequate. The bed and couch were quite comfortable. The bathroom was a good size, could have used another grab bar in the shower and the toilet seat did not appear to be the right size for the bowl, seemed off-set to one side. An actual bathroom rug would have been better than a thin towel rug.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The items you mentioned will be addressed as well to determine feasibility. Please remember us next time you are in the area needing a place to stay.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Westgate Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!