“Reconnection Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Compassionate Expressions Mountain Inn & Healing Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Leicester
Compassionate Expressions Mountain Inn & Healing Sanctuary
You added Compassionate Expressions Mountain Inn & Healing Sanctuary to your Saves list
207 Robinson Cove Rd., Leicester, NC 28748   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leicester
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Reconnection Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was fortunate to secure a week-long stay at Compassionate Expressions in the Field of Dreams room (complete with a heavenly 'steeping' tub). What an incredible experience to sleep with my windows open and hear the creek and the birds rather than the drone of air conditioners! There is no shortage of peaceful opportunities available - inside and outside. My light-filled room included a lovely reading library, CD's of calming music and windows looking at the mountains. My privacy was respected, but I was also comforted to know that the innkeepers, Reva and Lenora, were close by. Being completely off-grid electronically allows one's senses to attune to nature - funny how we forget what that's like. It was amazing to take a walking stick and meander the property and just pay attention to what was in front of me at that moment. Too, I cannot say enough about the services offered at the Inn. After Energy Healing sessions with Reva, I feel refreshed and more clear as to what my next life steps will be. Sweet Lenora even made me a special potion of essential oils to use in my tub. And the non-human aspects of my visit were just as important - Max, Misty, Lily, Rusty, Charlie and Rosie - all little healers in their own right. I will be back to visit this special sanctuary soon!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Green Brook, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Compassionate Expressions is truly an amazing place! It is a beautiful location and inspires one to reconnect with their soul and with nature. I love to sit here and watch the colors of the sky and mountains unfold while being soothed by the sound of the creek. This is the kind of place that provides true relaxation, reflection and rejuvenation! Reva and Lenora are warm and welcoming hosts while insuring your privacy and quality quiet time. My energy healing session was transforming and Reva shares her special gift in such a genuine and heartfelt manner. The dogs and goats add to the openhearted and friendly spirit of this spot. I absolutely treasure my time here and love this very special place.This summer was my second visit and I will keep coming back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphi, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a lovely property and a great way to get away from it all. There is no cell phone service, no internet and no TV so be prepared! The owners are delightful and accommodating and so are the three dogs, bunny and 2 goats!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cabins.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

A special place different from the more commonplace getaway destinations. A place so warm and divine makes you reconnect, realise and rejuvenate.....Reva s conviction and sincerity reaches out and vibrates in the entire place and you will never be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bridgewater, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

to visit this amazing, beautiful and spirit-filled slice of heaven on Earth. The natural beauty of the mountains, the trees, and the wildlife alone are worth the trip. The warm and loving welcome I received from the three resident "mascots" was a fantastic beginning to an amazing "me"-cation. I included massage and various other healing services. Reva's gifts are amazing. I came home feeling happier and more at peace with myself. For those of us with a high stress job or life, let Reva help you get re-centered and grounded. This is my third trip (and I plan many more in the future). Turn of the cellphone, leave the laptop at home, bring a good book, breathe the fresh mountain air, listen to nature as you fall asleep and love yourself! Namaste dear friends. - Tony - Bridgewater, Virginia

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough about how great this place is. It is the perfect way to reconnect with your inner self and with nature. My partner and I had our commitment ceremony here last October, and didn't have the opportunity to relax, so we returned to spend some time just for us. The energy healing by Reva was relaxing and enlightening, and both Reva and Lenora were so welcoming and helpful. We will definitely be returning again and again!

• Stayed April 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

You can tell the devotion that the owners have put into their inn. It's a beautiful drive to the place, and you instantly feel the peace and tranquility when you show up. They are incredibly generous hostesses, and the animals about the resort made me incredibly happy! The cabins are nice, spacious, and peaceful, whereas the hot tub's are magical at night, especially with starry skies. I did the healing experience with Reva, and while I'm automatically skeptical of most things, she was dead on in every aspect, and really gave me a lot to think about, and more to strive for. The only minus was that I'd probably go solo next time, as I feel that the healing and peaceful aspect are better experienced solo. The only negative was that I tend to be a restless person that needs an activity aspect, and while I took hikes around the property, I should have planned for an activity off the property (such as white water rafting, kayaking, etc), for one of the days and it would have been perfect. But one gets a wonderful vibe from the property, the rooms are great, the hot-tubs wonderful, and you truly do feel the compassion that comes through. Definitely an experience to do/stay at if you're in or around the Asheville area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leicester
Inn on Biltmore Estate
Inn on Biltmore Estate
#1 of 59 in Asheville
4.5 of 5 stars 1,533 reviews
Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate)
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown
The Residences at Biltmore
The Residences at Biltmore
#13 of 59 in Asheville
4.5 of 5 stars 908 reviews

Been to Compassionate Expressions Mountain Inn & Healing Sanctuary? Share your experiences!