“My white squirrel vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cabins at Seven Foxes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Toxaway
Cabins at Seven Foxes
You added Cabins at Seven Foxes to your Saves list
Seven Foxes Lane off of Slick Fisher Road, P.O. Box 123, Lake Toxaway, NC 28747   |
Offers & Announcements
Spring Special!
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hickory, North Carolina
“My white squirrel vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I love Seven Foxes and this is my third trip. We stayed in Bear Cave, which is a beautiful cabin, extremely clean and neat, with everything you need for a home away from home. The grounds are great and being able to bring my dogs is wonderful!

This trip will always stay in my memories for another reason though. I was able to help save a little life. The remains of Hurricane Lee had produced some serious storms on Labor Day and afterwards, but during a break in the weather I went out with my dogs for a walk on the beautiful grounds. As they were nosing around in the leaves, they started a baby white squirrel. She was wet and cold, but I left her for a little while to give her mama time to come get her if she was able. When my Mom and I checked on her later, the baby white squirrel was still there, cold, wet and shuddering. I knew she would die if we left her out in the rain, so we got her into a styrofoam cooler and took her back to the cabin to dry out and warm up. After a few hours, she started moving around and we moved her to the porch. As I was putting the cooler down, the tiny white paw popped up in the air gap I had left between lid and cooler, followed closely by a tiny white head which squirmed out. She wasn't going back in that cooler! We left her on the covered porch, hoping that she would stay in the cooler overnight.

The next morning, I looked out the window, but didn't see the baby squirrel. As I opened the door to take the dogs out, the baby squirrel was on the porch. I took the dogs back inside and grabbed my camera. The baby white squirrel posed for a few pictures and left the porch. We saw the squirrel on and off most of the day and were hoping that she would be old enough to survive on her own. We even left some food out for her. When we saw her huddled under the porch that afternoon, we realized that she wasn't going to make it, so I called the Brevard Chamber, got the number of Jennifer, an animal rehabber, and told her about the situation. The animal rehabber was over an hour away, but she came straight to the cabin. Jennifer was able to catch the baby squirrel and give her fluids. She confirmed that she was a little girl squirrel and way too young to make it on her own. I gave Jennifer my email address and asked if she could let me know how the baby white squirrel was doing. A week after getting back, I received an email and picture from Jennifer. The baby squirrel had been orphaned for days and wouldn't have made it another night. She was extremely thin, but had accepted Jennifer as her mother and was gaining weight with regular feeding. Lilly, the new name of the baby white squirrel, will be kept until she is old enough to be released back into the wild safely. I feel very privileged to have had this experience and to have met a dedicated individual who dropped everything to save the life of little Lilly. Yet another reason to go back to Seven Foxes.

Room Tip: I've stayed in Squirrel's Nest and Bear Cave. Both are great cabins. Bear Cave has more spac...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My husband and I planned on overnight anniversary trip and stayed in the Racoon Loft at Seven Foxes. It was such a charming place to spend time together!! Everything we needed was available, the cabin was very neat and clean, and the decor made it so cozy! The surrounding area was very fun to explore, and the owners have hidden "surprises" along all of the short trails on the property. We would recommend Seven Foxes to anyone, and we look forward to returning ourselves as often as we can.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Our family of four at the last minute found Seven Foxes and luckily secured a cancellation. Never having been to the Lake Toxaway area or Seven Foxes we were looking forward to it. On both counts are expectations were met and exceeded. We stayed in Deer Lodge, needless to say it was beautiful inside and out. From the hot tub, to the outside covered eating porch to the comfortable living areas, what more could we ask for? I highly recommend Seven Foxes and the Lake Toxaway area to any considering a quick weekend getaway or an extended stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Sanibel Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Awesome impeccably clean private comfy with any ammenity you could need or want. We loved the privacy and all the comforts of home.

• Stayed August 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

We had a wonderful time at Seven Foxes. Both our cabins were clean, comfortable and well-equipped. We lacked nothing for cooking both indoors and out on the barbecue. Sitting on the porches was delightful, especially because there is so much privacy afforded by the shrubs and trees. It was so peaceful and quiet--exactly what we wanted. And the children enjoyed Bill's treehouse, the stream, trails and fun things to do along the trail. They had a ball! The location near waterfalls and hiking trails is perfect. We would definitely recommend these cabins highly and plan to return as soon as we can.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed in the Raccoon Cabin. It was perfect for us and our two kids. We really loved the trails and the kids played outside for hours, exploring and playing in the treehouse.

We plan to stay at Seven Foxes again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

We are just back from our second stay at Cabins at Seven Foxes. This time staying at the Deer Lodge (last time Racoon Lodge). We love the privacy and the attention to detail that these cabins afford. We had a great time exploring the tree-house, panning for gold in the creek, and catching fireflies with "the young one". YOU WILL LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS PLACE!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Cabins at Seven Foxes? Share your experiences!