“Remote Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Greystone Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Toxaway
The Greystone Inn
You added The Greystone Inn to your Saves list
Greystone Lane, Lake Toxaway, NC 28747   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 1 Lake Toxaway B&B and Inns
Hayesville
“Remote Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very remote,quiet place. Great food, great service. We rented the pontoon and avoided the crowd on the champagne cruise boat. We used the two man kayak also. It takes a lot longer than you'd think to get to the Inn. A two lane mountain road climbing, and climbing. Traffic makes it impossible to get any speed or pass.

Room Tip: I would have chosen the newer building rather than the mansion. Better views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Wakefield, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I spent two wonderful days at the Inn. It is a beautiful and charming old building, but the staff are what really make it special. From the front desk person, to the bartender in the lounge, to all of the staff in the restaurant, they are all wonderful. They are friendly and helpful, but also warm and sincere.They truly want to make your experience at the Inn a memorable one. The boat ride on the lake shouldn't be missed. The lake is beautiful, as is the boat and the champage, but the most memorable are the stories and history that the "captain" imparts. We loved just sitting out on the rocking chairs on the back patio with a drink and taking in the beauty and the peacefulness...

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main house vs. the outer buildings
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i just returned from a golf getaway at the Greystone. Overall, our trip was wonderful. The setting was beautiful. Our room, the Firestone was very spacious, but very rustic, and 'tired'. I cant say enough positive things about the staff. So pleasant and helpful. The food was wonderful, and the Lakeside dining very pleasant. Enjoyed the golf course, but got rained out the second day. Take the champagne cruise on The Miss Lucy. I would definitely return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our anniversary at the Greystone and what a wonderful time we had! Lake Toxaway is less than 2 hours from our home and yet it had remained a "hidden gem." It is a beautiful, peaceful oasis and we especially loved the view from the Reynolds Room. I would recommend for anyone who likes historic inns or b&b's. Hope to return often!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I have been staying at the Greystone Inn for years! It continues to be my favorite place to stay anywhere in the world. It is great for the family, a quiet alone break or for a romantic getaway. My last stay was with my two grown children. The five course dinner continues to be elegantly comfortable and breakfast is the ultimate! I need this delicious food to fuel the hiking, biking, fishing, paddling and sporting clay shooting I do in the area. The staff continues to spoil me at this inn and deliver a beautiful afternoon champagne cruise of the largest private lake in NC, The price includes dinner and breakfast, access to boats and access to the country club for stunning golf or dining. Once you stay you will be back! I am counting down to my next visit in July.

Room Tip: Part of the charm of the inn is the rooms in the inn are all different. There are more standard room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jefferson, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I have been to the Greystone Inn 15-20 times over the past several years, and we continue to book return trips. This charming inn is located on beautiful Lake Toxaway and the hospitality here is unparalleled. Clark Lovelace, general manager, and his staff go out of their way to make guests feel welcome and comfortable. On our most recent trip, I asked if the pastry chef could make a sugar-free dessert for my husband's birthday. He made the best sugar-free birthday cake that we have ever eaten! Of course, all of the food at the Greystone is delicious! Loved the filet mignon and the trout! If you feel the need to be pampered for a weekend or longer, head to the Greystone Inn. You will be glad you did!

Room Tip: The Hillmont has rooms with balconies overlooking the lake. We like the upper level rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kandahar, Afghanistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife, daughter, and I stayed in the Lakeside South Suite and my 2 sons stayed in the Vanderbilt Room in the lodge. My daughter wants to live here, and we enjoyed all of the amenities immensely. Lots of variety as we relaxed, went boating. Daughter took a golf lesson, hit some balls at the beautiful learning center driving range. Dined at the formal dining room every morning and night and lunched at the golf clubhouse for a more casual mid-day. My daughter caught her first fish, we went on a short but very challenging hike on a private mountain trail that criss-crosses a beautiful river and falls 6-7 times, and the scenery and staff is second to none. A refined, yet relaxing resort that is very professionally managed. Lodge lobby rooms are like a second home and the drive up to the 3100 ft. of elevation is a true getaway. We plan on a return next year if not this fall!

Room Tip: Next time we might try a different suite as some others have a more expansive view than Lakeside Sou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Greystone Inn? Share your experiences!