“Good food with a view.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
“Good food with a view.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great, great great view. Food was good but thought it a little high.
I got the pecan crusted trout. It was very good

Visited June 2014

Orlando, Florida
“Tasty Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I had lunch a part of a boat tour of Lake Lure. My husband had the fresh catch - the fried fish was a mild fish we had not heard of but very tasty and LARGE, it covered the plate. Served with fried and slaw. I had the fish platter, which was the special for the day - grilled swordfish, serving was size of deck of cards. Ate on deck, inside dark and small. Service was friendly and quick.

Visited June 2014
Naples, Florida
“Larkins on The a Lake has fantastic food, friendly service & a gorgeous view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I loved everything about our dining experience at Larkins! Our server Caleb was outstanding and the food & atmosphere matched the service! Had the trout which was fresh from the lake! Will definitely return to Larkins!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arden, North Carolina
“Wedding Reception Catering With Shea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Shea Williams from Larkin's on the Lake catered our wedding reception on Lake Lure beach in May. Not only was the food delicious (bbq chicken, pulled pork, slaw, beans, and all the fixings), but Shea and her staff were phenomenal. Shea went above and beyond what was expected and genuinely took interest in helping me with all the aspects of our wedding. Because I was a DIY bride and didn't have a wedding planner, Shea stepped up and explained to me everything that would be needed to ensure our special day went perfectly. She also assured me that she would be available for me the entire day and she kept her word, even helping with the decorations! Shea arranged for tables and chairs, linens, beer (obtained from a local brewery in Black Mountain, NC; Shea had to send a member of her staff over to pick it up) and wine, and even specifically reminded me to eat (which, as the bride, can be easily overlooked). In short, if you are looking for a wonderful experience in Lake Lure, please meet with Shea Williams!

• Visited May 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Consistently good year after year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I have been coming to Larkins for about five years now - generally about once a year when in the area. It is consistently good. Beautiful views of the lake and an excellent menu - which is fairly traditional; nothing overly inventive, but that's just fine with me. Nothing wrong with doing the standards when wou do them so well.

Suggest you try the Caribbean Chicken or the Crab Cakes.

Service is perhaps a little casual for this type of restaurant, but I think that is a reflection of the setting - which is a vacation destination where folks are relaxed and pretty casual themselves. So I think that may be intentional.

Back next year for sure!

• Visited June 2014