“Loved this motel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Geneva Riverside Lodging

Geneva Riverside Lodging
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Lure
Geneva Riverside Lodging
You added Geneva Riverside Lodging to your Saves list
3147 Memorial Highway, Lake Lure, NC 28746   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Lake Lure
NC
“Loved this motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed there for two nights and had a blast! The motel room is somewhat older, but the tiki bar was fantastic (reminded me of some outdoor bars I've been to in Florida), and the poolside atmosphere was fun, even on a Monday and Tuesday. Everyone was very friendly and the views were beautiful. It's located beside the Broad River, which our dog had a great time splashing around in (added plus-this motel allows pets!). It's centrally located in Lake Lure, so it's convenient to all sorts of activites, from Lake Lure Beach to Chimney Rock. We enjoyed our stay there and plan on going back!

• Liked — Tiki bar, views, surroundings
  • Disliked — older motel, older rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Asheville, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

Stayed here for one night. I assumed that with a rate near $80 it would be o.k. - wow, loud motorcycles racing through the parking lot from the bar on the property, TV in room next door almost blew us out of bed. No soap, shampoo - and towels the size of a wash cloth that were like sandpaper. Room was shabby but clean (I think) but carpets require socks or shoes at all times. No coffee maker and office is not open until at least 9:00, so drove a couple of miles for a cup of coffee at 7:30 AM. For $49 I would not complain - that's about what it was worth. Don't expect to sleep here - just a place to rest before moving on!

• Liked — In Town Location
  • Disliked — Loud, no ammenities at all in room, shabby decor
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2007

After checking all the hotels in the Lake Lure area we decided to stay at the Geneva because the price was the cheapest we found. Boy were we suprised when we got there! Not only was it the cheapest but it had the most to offer from the huge backyard along the river with volleyball, checkrs, and hammocks to the Tiki Resturant and swimming pool. The hotel is a little older than some but the rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful with things to do in the area. We will definatly be back!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2007

Six of us arrived via motorcycle at 5:30 pm on Friday November 2, 2007. The rates stated on the motel website indicated that winter rates began the first weekend in November. When we checked in, the woman at the desk charged us the summer rate. We explained to her that the website stated differently. Her response was “nice try” as if we were trying to scam her somehow. The website still has not been changed. Saturday after returning to our rooms around 4:30 pm, we found our rooms had not been serviced, but towels had been replaced. I went to the front desk only to be told that they did not clean the rooms and only replaced the towels. I expressed my dissatisfaction and told the clerk I would be sure to mention this in my Trip Advisor write up. After getting back home, I called the motel and asked for the owners’ phone number and was told to just leave a message and they would get it. I sent an email to the owners and never received a reply. This is an older motel in a very good location with some beautiful scenery. The property is sorely in need of updating. I have encountered, in the past year, at least three places that do not clean the rooms while the guests are there. This experience has taught me to now specifically ask if the rooms are cleaned daily. The rooms at the Geneva are dirty especially the bathrooms of which I am attaching photos so that future guests will be forewarned. I personally will never stay there again and I doubt I will ever stay in Lake Lure again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Attitudes, service
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2007

First, this motel is so tacky and rundown looking. Bad 1st impression. Our room was supposed to be smoke-free but it reeked of smoke and dog. Speaking of dogs, there were 2 dogs in the room next to ours and they howled all night. The walls were thin as paper.
The water in the shower went from warm to scalding of its own accord. I was nearly burned several times. The shower curtain was covered in pink and black mold at the bottom. The faucet and showerhead pieces came sliding in and out of the wall. There was a wastebasket in the room, but not in the bathroom.
The pillows were lumpy and awful, so cheap feeling. The drawers had a few dead bugs at the bottom, and lots of dust. There were only 3 hangers and some friends in other rooms had no hangers at all.
The windowsill was covered in dirt and dead bugs. The towels were thin, cheap, and had GENEVA written in black permanent market on the ends.
Need I go on? It stank. I paid $80 for this room, and strangely, also paid $80 (via Priceline) for a 4 star room at the Omni Charlotte. Go figure! The Geneva owners have NERVE charging $80 for their rooms. A friend was actually charged $125 a night for the same room with a microwave and refrigerator. Unbelievable.

• Liked — Parking
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Spartanburg, S.C.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2007

My husband and I have been staying in this motel for many years. The rooms on the backside are the best. I especially like the rooms on each end that have the kitchens in them. This motel sits in a beautiful spot and hanging out at the Tiki Bar is always so much fun. You never know who you will meet there. Lake Lure is one of those towns that roll up the carpet in the early evening except for a couple of bars and restuarants. The Tiki Bar has been a nice addition to the area. Granted, the rooms could use a little updating, but if you enjoy the beautiful scenic views like I do, you will hardly notice.

Stayed August 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2006

First I would just like to say to all you hotel snobs, that you need to relax a bit and learn to enjoy the simple pleasures in life. If you are complaining alot about your rooms decorations or size, you are spending way too much time in your room while on vacation!!!!!!!!!!
With that out of the way! This motel is great! The staff is friendly, it has a great view of the mountains and river, there are hammocks for relaxing, grills and picnic tables, a pool for swimming, a tiki bar with live music, and they serve awesome barfood! It is central to everything so its only a short walk to shopping, the beach, or a stroll on a lake front path. There isn't alot to do in the mountains after dark, so it is nice to stay somewhere with a bar, music, and alot of fun friendly people! This is a great place for people looking to have a great time and make a few friends!

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Geneva Riverside Lodging? Share your experiences!