“Great Day” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Attractions in Lake Lure
Syosset, New York
“Great Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our second attempt at riding as a family. Our first experience in Newport Rhode Island was a disaster. We decided it was time to try again. So glad we did! The guides were really aware of the horses and their personalities. They matched the horse to the rider perfectly. The ride was beautiful and the horses seem happy and well cared for. The guides were helpful and knowledgeable. A pleasure for all of us. We are a family of 4 (2 kids 12 & 16)

6 attraction reviews
“Best Experience of our Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My eight year old daughter and I needed something to do while my husband played in a golf tournament on Lake Lure. We saw a brochure at our resort for horseback riding at Cedar Creek Stables. From the moment I called to make a reservation until the time we drove off the lot of Cedar Creek, the experience was excellent. My daughter got very nervous before we went on the ride and started to cry. The staff immediately made her feel safe and they chose a pony that was gentle for her to ride. They put her right behind the tour guide and talked to her the entire time. By the time the ride was over, my daughter wanted to either take her pony (Little Bit) home or live at the stables with the horses! This is a MUST do while staying in the area. The women who run the stables are top notch. We will definitely return again and again!

Ramseur, North Carolina, United States
“Great family outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our first try at a trail ride. I personally am very nervous around horses, but my daughter really wanted to go here. So I went reluctantly but was really impressed with the staff's concern for everyone's safety as well as their enjoyment. I really enjoyed the ride & was actually surprised at myself. They also have a small gem mining area as well. We found several small gemstones such as rubies and amethyst. We definitely will be returning again.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had a great time with Big Ben, Apache, Mama, Little Bit, and Montana. All were gentle and did exactly what we asked them to do (other than take a few bites of the local flora along the way). The 1 1/2 hr through the woods was great. We didn't even notice the small thundershower which passed through the area as the trees protected us. Loved walking through the stream.

Distractions: Flies (part of riding horses, right?), other riders (incessantly talking and complaining about the slow pace).

The guides were very nice and at the halfway point did a saddle check and took pictures with visitors' cameras. All in all a great experience and would recommend for families (we had 5 - 2 adults, 1 - 14, 2 - 10).

Jacksonville, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Family Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great riding through the mountains today. Two hour trail ride with some of the greatest sites. The horses were great and the staff were very informative. Great time, perfect weather.

Visited May 2013