“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The History of Huckleberry's Lake Lure In the early mornings of high school, you could find Michaila in the kitchen at Huckleberry's Lake Lure stirring up all kinds of "goodies." In April 2012, she began serving a full breakfast and lunch menu six days a week. By May 2013, Michaila had hired an Executive Chef, Jim Camillo, to join her in bringing you the restaurant's fine international cuisine. She also expanded to seven days a week in the Lake Lure Season. In December 2014, she opened another location in Tryon, NC, "Huckleberry's Tryon." The Tryon facility took off so fast and furious, that it quickly became apparent, Michaila would not be able to personally meet all the needs of both locations. In February 2015, she entered into a partnership with Chef Mary Christy Jeter, for her Lake Lure Location. Chef Christy has over 24 years of foodservice experience and is a asset to Huckleberry's Lake Lure team. Chef Christy and Lake Lure Staff are open Wednesday thru Sunday 8am till 3pm, please join them for breakfast or lunch.
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Huckleberry's Is a great place to eat, People are very friendly, We ate there 2x and could not ask for any thing better,Our server was Ms Kathy Ward she made us fill like she had know us all our lives

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
d p, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Morning,
I was so happy to meet you all while you visited lake lure. I am sad it was on your last day thou. Kathy told me each morning you all would start your day off with us for breakfast, before heading out on your area explorations. I hope you enjoyed our house dressing you bought to bring back home, and remember once opened it needs to be refrigerated and then shaken before used.
Have a great summer, Michaila

Greenville, South Carolina
“Mediocre but cute”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

There's not a lot of competition in the area but I'm baffled by the Top 3 rating for this place. It's sweet; there are games to play if you've got kids, there's a notebook on the table so you can add your story if you like but a restaurant should be about the food and nothing here was more than okay. The bread could have come from the supermarket, the very expensive salad was small and unremarkable and the 'special" entree was exceptionally bland. I would not recommend this place for dinner. We didn't waste our time with dessert.

Visited July 2014
d p, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Kimberly, I remember you and your table the other night, but I never knew you were unhappy with our product. Each time we checked in, you all seemed happy. I wish you would of shared your views with either myself or the waitress, so we could of offered you another dinner entrée. I am very sorry, that you did not 100% enjoy your visit with us. I see you are semi local. Please try us again, and we will more then happy to gift your meal.
Michaila
Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Excellent country dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A Johnson & Wales chef operates this restaurant in an old farmhouse east of Lake Lure. We had a very good waitress and the food was superb. Add this restaurant to your list of places to eat during your visit to Lake Lure.

Visited June 2014
d p, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Darrell-
Goodmorning, Thank you for visiting our Lake Lure location. It was awesome to meet you all and the other people you dined with. We appreciate your repeat visits. Please have a safe trip home.
Michaila
Baltimore, MD
“Fantastic meals in an unexpected place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This restaurant was an excellent find! We happened to pass it on the way from our rented villa to the resort at Rumbling Bald. It's located in a house that has been converted into a charming restaurant and bakery. I took my three small children in for a late lunch/early dinner, and everyone loved the food! Plates were cleaned! We enjoyed it so much that we went back for breakfast the next morning. Again, the food was delicious and the wait staff was very friendly. If we get to that area again, we'll definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
d p, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good morning. I am so glad to hear that you returned for breakfast. I was there when you came in for lunch with those three beautiful children. They all have such great, think black hair. And yes you are correct, did they eat. Even your little guy, two glasses of milk and his whole plate.
It was great meeting you and your family. And I hope you had big fun on the lazy river. In between those rain drops.
See you next time. Michaila
Charlotte
“nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

quaint little restaurant near Rumbling Bald Resort. food is good, Service is fair. Seems like they are trying to figure it out

Visited July 2014
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Goodmorning Eric,
I am sorry I did not get to met you while you were dining at our Lake Lure location. Good to hear you enjoyed our food. I do apologize, if the service was "off" the day you were there, We had a unforeseen business emergency that weekend. (posted on Facebook and in our local area newspaper) and myself, and management were not on property, and we did have some newer personal on the floor. My deepest apologize, but I do thank all my staff for pitching in and getting us thru a wild ride weekend. Please try us again.