“dirty and old” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Terrace Hotel

Terrace Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Junaluska
Terrace Hotel
Save Saved
You added Terrace Hotel to your Saves list
Lake Junaluska, NC 28745   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Lake Junaluska
North Wilkesboro, NC
“dirty and old”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights and had requested a room with a lakeview. What I got was a room with a roof view. Yuck. Room was not very clean. Housekeeping did not even vaccuum the rooms. They would make the bed and a couple of times they changed the towels. At $125/night I expect more.

Room Tip: Stay some where else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
lake_junaluska, Public Relations Manager at Terrace Hotel, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
freakingumby, we appreciate your feedback. I have communicated your concerns to my supervisor. Lake Junaluska is in the process of renovations, and we hope you can come back and visit soon.
Blessings,
Stephanie Drum, Communications Coordinator

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I often plan small group trips for friends several times a year. Since our family rents a home at Lake Junaluska each year, I decided to take a group to the Terrace Hotel for a long weekend. We were all pleased with our rooms, each of which overlooked the beautiful lake. The lake also has a wonderful walking trail around its perimeter. The rooms were not fancy (did not even include a hair dryer) but were clean and fairly spacious. At less than $80 per night, we were all well satisfied with the rates, as we have paid much more per night in other mountain resort areas. The small gift shop at the hotel is staffed by a friendly, helpful young lady and I purchased an unusual piece of pottery made from silt from the lake! Lake Junaluska is the most beautiful, peaceful and spiritual place, no matter where you should decide to stay (they have many options) and is a ten minute drive to the charming town of Waynesville, which has numerous restaurants and nice shops. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who just want to get away and enjoy themselves and relax in the gorgeous NC mountains.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed here with my Youth Group when we went skiing, and also for confirmation.

Granted, this isn't a 5 star resort, but it's not bad, either.

There is free coffee in the lobby, and the staff is always nice.

They do have a few computers in the lobby, but they are pretty old.

Beds are nice.. I have stayed in a room with twin beds both time. Last time I was there, they had very nice flat screen tv's

There are vending machines and Ice Makers at the end of every floor.

I love to stay here while in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Columbus, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

I planned my youth group's ski trip with Lake Junaluska this year and it was absolutely wonderful. Everyone who went on our trip (kids and parents) had a great time. The accommodations were fantastic, the staff was extremely friendly and everything was organized so well that it made the weekend extremely easy and enjoyable for me. We definitely plan on returning next year.

• Stayed February 2009
florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

The beautiful trip we expected, turned out to be a biohazard nightmare. To start off, we arrived at the hotel, the young lady behind the check in desk appeared to be in a trance......while speaking to her, she had a blank stare on her face and offered no directions to our room upon checking in.
Secondly, we entered our room to find dirty bed comforters, pubic hairs on the tiolet seat and to top it all off, MORE PUBIC HAIRS ON THE SHOWER WALLS! A minor issue was the smell of the room. The smell was that of ...lets say....dirty feet!
Upon further observation of the room, we found ants crawling on the bathroom floor. My wife remarked that she felt like she was in a Brady Bunch re-run, the decor was of the 1970's.
In closing, I am not a "complainer" because typically it is a waiste time, but if anyone reads this...please be cognizant of my personal observations and poor experience with this substandard hotel.

PS. We paid $92.00 a night to stay at this place. WOW!

• Liked — checking out!
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Terrace Hotel? Share your experiences!