I stayed here for a conference from Sept 24-27. This is the 3rd year I have attended this conference and it has been held here every time. The view of the lake is beautiful and there are lots of things to do within driving distance.
The lobby is nice with lots of rocking chairs to look out over the lake. The staff is all very friendly-from the cleaning crew to the lunch servers. The check in/out was very easy and quick. They also had fresh coffee all day.
I stayed on the 5th floor...The room is VERY BASIC. The pillows and mattresses are just about on thier last legs and really need to be updated... but the sheets and towels were all very clean, no stains or discoloration. There is no hairdryer in the room...(which I had forgotten, so I had wet hair the whole time). Also, it seemed the air was cut off at night. Both my roommate and I would wake up around 2am feeling hot and smothered but by 5am it had kicked back on and was cool again when we woke up.
Lunch was ok. I LOVED the pecan pie and the salad bar was very nice but the main entree food was not what I would have picked to feed a huge group (broiled fish)...but that is not the fault of Lake J, but more on the conference committee.
The land is very well maintained and seems very safe. The are always people walking around the lake which is full of ducks, geese, swans and HUGE fish. There are beautiful rose bushes and bridges that form a 2.5 and 5 mile loop that you can take advantage of.
Although the rooms are in need of a little tlc, this is a great conference center that I enjoy returning to year after year.
- Also Known As:
- Lake Junaluska Conference And Retreat Hotel Lake Junaluska
- Lake Junaluska Conference And Retreat Hotel
- Lake Junaluska Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With over 400 lodging rooms we can easily accommodate groups of all sizes and budgets. All of our facilities are unique inside and out. From the historic columns of Lambuth Inn to the spectacular views from the Terrace Hotel dining room, our lodging will make your visit exceptional and memorable. Also available are the Lakeside Lodge, a motel style facility as well as the Sunnyside Lodge and Mountain View Lodges, with dormitory style rooms with private baths. The Junaluska Apartments are great for families and youth groups with kitchenettes in most units and a wide range of accommodations are available at our Camp Adventure camp ground from tents and RV hookups to cabins and apartment efficiencies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.