“Stopped in after visit to Aquarium” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Roanoke, Virginia
“Stopped in after visit to Aquarium”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

We decided to stop after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed! Our waitress was very friendly, spent time talking to us, and offered suggestions on things to do while we were in town. I had the 1lb of Steamed Shrimp and it was delicious. Another member of the party had seafood pasta which had a lot of flavors to it. We sat in the back room under the tiki light tent....it was great atmosphere. I would recommend this place!

Only down side: I was intrigued by the almond cream sauce I saw offered with another dish so I asked for a sample. I wasn't impressed...very bland.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Nice place to eat at Kure Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Our first night at Kure Beach was also our sons eighth birthday. We chose to eat here and sit on the very top of the deck. Not much of view of the ocean really but a nice breeze. I felt for the servers having to climb up those stairs to wait on their guests. We started out with the crab dip. It was very nice. The bread was a little garlicky but the dip itself was tasty. We got two kids meals which were awesome. The chicken tenders looked homemade and I know the ranch dressing was. My husband and I couldn't decide what to get after that and ordered several appetizers. We were not disappointed - the wings, buffalo shrimp and calamari were all wonderful! Our server Derrick even brought my son a slice of birthday cake. He had written happy birthday in raspberry sauce as well - very thoughtful! Thank you for a great time and dinner - we truly enjoyed it!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Eau Claire
“Excellent food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Excellent selection of lunch menu items. Seasoned perfectly and plenty to eat. Staff was friendly, prompt and professional.

Visited July 2014
Reidsville, North Carolina
“Great sea food again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Carried my wife for her birthday. Could not have asked for a better waiter, and the food was just down right GREAT. My wife had a 3 combo and I had a 2 combo seafood. It was so good and so much we both could not eat everything. Yes it is beach prices. Jack MacKerels is a must try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oak Island, North Carolina
“Place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Had a long day and was glad to get to beach and get some chow. We were never to Jack Mackerels before. The person who greeted us was very nice. Showed us a table near a bunch of screaming children. We asked for a table with less bedlam. We ate in bar which was pleasant. The ceiling is wood and looks like interior of old boat. Waitress was great. Took our drink order and told us daily specials. I got seafood platter and my wife ordered shrimp scampi. Both were very good. Very tropical feel. Go early avoid the wait. We caught last ferry back to Southport. Looking forward to taking friends and family to JM's

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere