“Horrible and Expensive!!” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bluefield, VA
“Horrible and Expensive!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

The is the biggest rip off restaurant I've EVER been to. My boyfriend and had the "special" T-Bone Steak dinner for $17.95. The steak was the quality of steak that you would purchase at a Waffle House. It was SO thin and over cooked. They have a salad bar that is very basic with only three salad dressings. He added a salad to his dinner and they charged him an extra $3.50 even though the menu said that steaks come with the salad bar. They said since the T-Bone was on special the salad was extra. I ordered chicken strips because everything else on the menu was just so expensive. They were $8.99 and my salad was an additional $3.50 as well which was ridiculous.

I visit Kure Beach 3-4 times a year and have eaten at most restaurants there. Please don't go to Big Daddy's. It is truly very over priced. It is a tourist trap and most people don't go back. I've talked to locals and they NEVER eat there.

Carolina Beach
“This is the worst restaurant in Kure Beach- According to a local”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

I live in Carolina Beach, so all you vacationers please consider my advice. The food is bland, cold, and just not tasty. I ordered the broiled Mahi last time, and 1/2 of it was a blood line the other a tasteless, overcooked mess. There are so many great restaurants in our area, please do not visit this one, you will be disappointed. If you are looking for a good restaraunt in the area, try The Shuckin' Shack (great oyster bar in CB), Freddies ( great italian in Kure Beach), or Boca Bay (great tapas at Wrightsville Beach). If you are looking for an A+ version of Big Daddy's try Heironymous on Market St in Wilmington. I have lived here for 6 years and worked in the restaurant business in town, if you visit Big Daddy's you will be dissapointed.

Connellys Springs, North Carolina
“Was not impressed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

We decided to eat at Big Daddy's the first night we arrived in Kure Beach. There were 4 Adults and 3 Kids (Ages 9,5,1) The food was okay, nothing great, but service was horrible. The waitress treated us like we were bothering her, and we aren't the kind of people that order stuff that wasn't on the menu or anything. Just simple, easy orders. She took our order and brought us all sweet tea and a refill picture. She didn't even have to touch our glasses again because we poured our on refills. Then when our food arrived someone else brought it to us. When we asked for a to go box she more or less threw it at my sister. After all that we received our bill and they automatically charged us 15% Gratuity because we had a party of 6. OKAY, If the service was just outstanding I would pay the 15% without a 2nd thought, but this was just crazy. 3 out of 6 in the Party were Children, 1 didn't even eat off the menu. This Waitress just got $15 tip for being rude and handing us a to go box. Big Daddy's just left a bad taste in our mouth, so we WILL NOT be going back on our Return Trip. I usually don't write Restaurant Reviews, but this was probably the worst I have ever been treated at a restaurant and also felt like we had just been ripped off when we left.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Overpriced and overfried.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2007

Overpriced and overfried.

Lexington,NC
“Best Seafood place in Kure Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2007

My family and I had a excellent time at Big Daddy's while we were on vacation. The food was fresh, hot, and tasted great. I highly reccommend the deviled crab and flounder fillet. Our waitress was super and made sure we had everything we needed including a coloring book with crayons to keep our 3yr old happy.
I will definately eat here again when I return to Kure Beach!